No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
298 results in 0.2118 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I have one and love it. 0 issues. Am 6'1" and never gave a though to it being shorter than the stacked version.

Interesting question considering that Miller switched back to over under. Anyone have issues with this version?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied to Coolant question
    Pure glycol base is a poor thermal conductor and will freeze at temps higher than a mix of glycol and water. It is also thick and I would think reduce flow. In the HVAC trades we never run pure. A water / glycol mix flows better removes more heat and flows better than pure.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied to Problem with Miller 135 MIG
    I use a 120V Miller mig for rooftop and overhead work and power side low voltage will do what you post. It runs but makes a mess rather than a weld. Plug directly into a good outlet with no extention cord. If you have to use a cord use as short a 12 guage cord as is needed. with good power the little...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I use a mask when ever doing more than a quick tack or grind. Got tired of the black snot and lung funk after a day cutting, welding and grinding. I cut the bottom off my banged up slestrom hood and redid it to fit around my mask. Even the $25 masks with the right filters installed will go a good...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied to Civility
    Sometimes people don't know that don't know something. Reading the answer to someone elses question often opens up a new line of thought. Keep in mind that many that do not ask the basic questions get info from the public answers to others questions. Searching past threads does not update anything...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mig + pure Argon = bad weld

Tig + C25 = bad weld.

Mig and Tig + no gas = a royal mess.

Sadly, at some point in my life through sloppy form on my part I have tried all above methods but did not get far. I still don't understand the guy that said he could...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Vicegrip; 08-26-2009, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• For automotive, home and hobby welding the 211 sound like a good call. having the 110 option is a great thing. You might have 220 in the shop but not all repairs can be taken to your shop. Fence repair, helping out someone else at their house and the like. I have more than one Mig and the 110 volt...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Falls church, 3 min from the beltway and 66. i will PM my PH number. Call me if you don't want to listen to the pros and stick it....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I guess posting that the cages posted would not pass most racing venue tech inspections is out of the question too. Another thread altogether but It might be a good idea to ask about cage design too. Things like no main hoop behind the driver and/or no diagonal or x brace in the hoop are red flags....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I am in NOVA as well and have a MM251 if you want to zap the parts up. fit up and tack and bring them over.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied to .120 Mild Steel Tubing Help
    To much Stick Out? More stick out the taller the bead among other things.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied to Buying my book?
    Sadly those jobs don't need to compete. The rest get shipped offshore as uncompetitive.

Many unions have lost sight of the real reason they formed in the first place. Not all but more than enough to tarnish the image presented....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied to 140amp Mig Differences
    IICR with the 140 you can run one of the light duty spool guns and be able to mig thin guage AL.

If I had a MM135 in hand I might be inclined to save my $ and get a larger Miller mig to greatly expand the welding range availble.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied to Mounting Fence Post
    In my area we don't bother to mix the cement. dig the hole, drop in the post, pour dry cement mix around the post, level the post up and tamp the cement tight. Moisture from the soil sets the cement right up and the dry mix holds the post tight in the mean time.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Vicegrip
    replied to Now Look What I Have Done.!
    You are not alone. I bought a used MM251 "dirt" cheap. That is to say all the included dirt was cheap. I got it from a landscaping stock yard that was going out of busness and it was filled with fine dust that filtered around in the shed it was kept in. I took it apart and cleaned it inside...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X