21 results in 0.0152 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• hellowyo
    started a topic Headaches... literally!

Headaches... literally!

OK... I have a wierd question... Does anybody get headaches and feel tired and icky after running 5p+? I teach welding, and on the days when I am running 5p+ with the kids I have a headache in the evening and feel kind of icky... Other rods dont seem to effect me?

Am I crazy? Just...
    See more | Go to post

• hellowyo
    replied to plasmacam
    Had one about 4 years now...

Hello!

I have had one in my High School Shop for about 4 years now. We use it pretty hard at times, and the kids have done some pretty nice things. Its pretty dependable, I have had to clean and do some maintainence on it, but mostly it gets...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hellowyo
    replied to Need saw info...
    OH and Thanks

for the offer WyoRoy... If I make it over to Gillette before I place the order I might pick your brain a little!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hellowyo
    replied to Need saw info...
    WOW, Thanks for the great info!

Thank you all for the great info! I was on the fence but I think I will go with the band saw. I got chills when I read about your cold cut blades and a bunch of High School kids... And theit teacher!!! Things have to be very tough, and maybe then...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hellowyo
    started a topic Need saw info...

Need saw info...

Hello Everyone!

I am a High School welding teacher, and I need to get a saw for my school shop. We have a chop saw, so I am looking at cold cut or band saws. I want it to cut angles easily. I am leaning toward band saws as they seem to be a little cheaper. I probably have up to $4500...
    See more | Go to post

• hellowyo
    replied to Welding Projects for Little Kids
    Got the wheels turning...

Hello!

I am a High School welding teacher, and was thinking about doing a welding camp at my school sometime during the summer for late elementary or middle school age kids... You guys have inspired me!

Nice project ideas... a plasma...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hellowyo
    replied to Welding Instructors
    It seems like...

Every day is an adventure at the High School level! I teach Welding, Woods, and CAD... Good times!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hellowyo
    replied to any female welders here??
    Welcome!

Hello!

I am a High School Welding Teacher... I have 5 girls in class this year. I think that is great!

You said you have been in welding for 8 yrs, what do you do? Just curious...

Thanks!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Some Good ideas

Howdy!

I am a welding instructor at a smaller high school. I have been reading this post regularly! There are some good ideas on the gallery, and I have one I am trying this year.

I usually save projects for my 2nd and 3rd year kids, kind...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hellowyo
    replied to Finding High Paying Job!
    Wyoming is it!

Hey, with all the mining and energy jobs here in Wyoming, you can double or tripple that salary I am sure! They cry for silled people like you! I teach welding at the High School level, and often think about quitting and becoming going into welding full time...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Opps.. I forgot to mention...

His tank we built was out of 2' Diameter pipe with very thick walls. SO I probably would have to agree with the rest of you guys.

But cant you test them that way? Or can they pass the pressure test, and fail at a later date?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cant you just pressure test it yourself?

My Dad and I built a compressor tank when I was little. We then filled it full of water and used a port-a-power to pressure it up with liquid to well past what it would ever see with air. (I think 400lbs). The worst that could have happened...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hellowyo
    replied to which one is better?
    Its a Ford/Chevy/Dodge Issue

Hello!

Well I teach welding at the High School level. We use our torches a lot, I have 15 newer victor 100 and 300s. I have 4 older smiths. They both work very well, however The victor torches are my favorite by a LITTLE margin. They are...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hellowyo
    replied to Newbie
    Use your grinder

Hello

I had some at school that were very old and sealed up tight. No easy open lid... so I took my grinder and went around the seam until I cut it in two... worked very well and didnt damage the electrodes...

I would not throw them down...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hellowyo
    replied to exaust manifold crack welding?
    I would braze it...

I have done several and I brazed them. I "V" out around the crack good and then I preheat them like they said. I then load it up with flux and have at it. I have even done one on my old 292 Ford that I cut the flange off and removed a section to adjust...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X