Collapse
64 results in 0.0253 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• bobhdus
    replied to TIG Torch holder
    That's awesome! Your fixture would be nice for any welding lead (not just tig). I'm trying to find a better way to organize my table in general... I may just go ahead and buy this organizer though.

http://www.swagoffroad.com/Work-Benc...cher_p_46.html
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Good Find!!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bobhdus
    replied to Noob Needs Help..
    Noob Needs Help..

I tried tigging on some spark plugs for some art and it constantly fumed up onto my tungsten from the material the plug is made of, which is why I stuck with mig. I weld stainless silverware pieces onto the plugs which the stainless melting point was better than steel...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by bobhdus; 05-11-2013, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bobhdus
    replied to mobile welding and low H rods
    mobile welding and low H rods

If I need to weld something that critical then I will buy them for that job usually in smaller containers. So it's not one big thing that's been "opened". That said, I have leftover junk rod all over my garage bought in garage sales, past jobs etc......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• new guy... help me with my new, used equipment!!

I didn't catch how much you bought them for but who cares, If they all work like they are supposed to then great! I don't have a whole lot of experience with hobarts or that particular miller unit but some of the older stuff out there can...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bobhdus
    replied to Noob Needs Help..
    What size wire are you using? I make silverware art too and found using .024 wire or smaller diameter wire worked best. Oxyacetylene would char the ceramic part of the spark plug. Try using stainless strips instead of steel to weld onto the plug. focus the puddle on the thickest section and let it "wash"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bobhdus
    replied to Price check on Welding.
    Lot's of great discussion here! I charge $60 hr, and trip charge is $60 to show up. I could charge more as others have suggested but I get a lot of call backs. I charge $60 hr for anything I do. I don't consider myself as being a Mobile welder but I am able to get my welding equipment to the job site....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bobhdus
    replied to Mig cold joint??
    We really would have to see the weld joint(s) to really know what the complainers are referring too. Sometimes, you can have a weld with decent fusion but if the weld is really tall it is considered "cold" as well. Causes range from slow torch travel speed, wire feed too excessive, not enough...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sure! There's plenty of ways to go about it. Most people would make a dam with some thin sheet metal, Aluminum tape, cardboard etc... Have your argon go in one end and let it "leak" out on the other. Your just trying to protect your weld from oxidation due to atmospheric contamination. For...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Read the part after what you quoted on me and see the "other" problem... Others in the world push the "coddle them and nurture them" crap. I grew up with my grandparents and if I did something wrong or didn't do what I was told, I at least got the benefit of picking the "switch"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Speaking of working hard, it's like pulling teeth just to get my 12 and 15 yr old's to help rake leaves. And me, I just go ahead and do it myself because it's easier, it's the way I was raised, you just do it. I used to try to make my boys do things like that but it seems that society has changed to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bobhdus
    replied to welding books and websites?
    I second that...

That website is awesome!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bobhdus
    replied to Welder training
    I've always heard good things about the Hobart Welding School (HIWT). It may be further than your son may want to travel but they also have online and dvd courses that you can take at the local votech school and still get their diploma's. The key would be having access to a location to practice welding...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bobhdus
    replied to How to weld tool steel
    I weld Tool Steel all the time and find myself using Certanium or Euctectic (Castolin) Tool Steel rods. In most cases when to preheat, post heat, anealing, hardening all depend on how much weld you need to lay down and what the weld will be doing as well as the parent material. Always try to know what...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bobhdus
    replied to good welding videos
    I third that!!!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X