Collapse
32 results in 0.0670 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• jimcolt
    replied to Hypertherm 45
    Joe, I would appreciate it if you contact me at [email protected] . I will need the powermax45 serial number so we can trace its history, the name and location of the shop that is working on it, as well as your contact info. We will get to the bottom of your issues. Always best to contact the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• There is an internal heat exchanger and a coalescing water separator with auto drain inside the Powermax30Air. In our reliability labs we simulate different types of environments including high levels of humidity while the unit is operating at duty cycles exceeding its rating. These units (I think 10...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The compressor on the Powermax30 air is of a very efficient design.....developed for the auto industry for air ride suspension systems. It uses low power (allowing more for the Plasma power supply) and is sufficiently sized to keep up with any cutting you need to do. You will not exceed the compressor...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimcolt
    replied to ICE-55C Torch issues
    That is a Blowback style torch that relies on a spring loaded electrode moving back away from the nozzle (as soon as air flow starts) to ionize the cutting air and start the plasma process. Here are the things to look at if it requires a "whack" to get it to fire!
    - Consumables are worn...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimcolt
    replied to Hypertherm 45
    I would need to see some pictures of the HyAccess consumables to see what occurred with that. It is always best when you have issues like this to contact Hypertherm tech support directly....they are good at helping troubleshoot issues like this. In regards to the unit cutting out.....check the diagnostic...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The first commercial plasma systems (1957) were from Union Carbide (Which became L-Tec and now is Esab), then came Thermal Dynamics in 1959, then along came Hypertherm in 1968. Hypertherm was founded by Richard W Couch and Dr. Robert C Dean after doing research at Dartmouth College in Hanover NH. Today...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimcolt
    replied to cnc plasma cutter
    I agree 100%. CAD starts out slowly and then all of a sudden it feels completely intuitive. I can CAD draw and cut virtually anything about 3 to 4 times faster than I could when I had to lay parts out by hand, and cut with a hand torch. Plus, once you have a drawing it is stored forever....to be used...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimcolt
    replied to cnc plasma cutter
    There are about 25 "entry level" OEM cnc plasma builders in North America. Each of these machines have some sort of CAD (drawing) software, CAM (post processing) software and Machine Control software.

The CAD is for drawing whatever part you want to cut. CAD seems a bit overwhelming...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by jimcolt; 06-02-2015, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Arizona Joe,

I don't spend much time on this forum, however your question that was posted directly to Hypertherm was forwarded to me...so here is my response!

The Powermax30XP does have a preset internal regulator integrated to a coalescing filter and an auto drain. If you...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by jimcolt; 04-15-2015, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• You should choose a plasma cutter based on what you need to cut. The maximum pierce thickness and what you spend 80% of your time cutting.

A Powermax30XP will pierce 1/4", can edge start and sever to 5/8". The Powermax45 can pierce 1/2" and can edge start and cut 7/8"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimcolt
    replied to CNC Plasma Table
    In the early days of CNC plasma we had noise issues on virtually every installation. These machines had microprocessor based cnc controls....and high frequency start plasma cutters. We resorted to every tactic in the book....such as:

- 1 good quality earth ground rod driven as close as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimcolt
    replied to Entry level plasma cutter
    In regards to buying a low cost plasma....there are dozens of low cost import brands that will cut metal, however they are for the most part plagued with reliability issues. These low cost imports use copied torch technology (30 year old Esab and Hypertherm designs) and provide extremely short consumable...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• All of the Powermax units are designed only for use with air or nitrogen. To use oxygen or hydrogen based gases you would need an industrial, 100% duty cycle, liquid cooled plasma such as a Hypertherm HPRXD (high definition class) plasma system.

Jim Colt...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• There are a lot of different plasma options that can improve the edge quality and weldability on different materials.

Air Plasma is the most common plasma. Air is roughly 20% oxygen and 80% nitrogen. On steel, the nitrogen content in air creates a nitride (case hardened) edge. This can...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimcolt
    replied to plasma torch field use
    Only use oxygen in plasma systems that are designed for oxygen. Most small portable plasma systems are designed to use compressed air...the use of pure oxygen in these systems can cause internal combustion that can damage or destroy your plasma torch, leads and power supply Oxygen is not flammable,...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by jimcolt; 07-09-2013, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X