Search Result

Collapse
109 results in 0.0777 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Welding Trailor Ideas for Junior Ag Mechanics show

I posted this on the projects forum and havent gotten any hits yet so i thought id post over here too to see if any of you super pro's had some tips or ideas.

Ok guys I'm building a welding trailer from scratch to take to the Ag Mechanics shows at the San Angelo, San Antonio, and Houston...
    See more | Go to post

• Welding Trailor Project Ideas for Junior Ag Mechanis show

Ok guys I'm building a welding trailer from scratch to take to the Ag Mechanics shows at the San Angelo, San Antonio, and Houston livestock shows. I'm here to ask those of you who use your portable rigs(be it truck beds or trailors) what are your favorite features or what is something you wish you had...
    See more | Go to post

• 2tay530
    replied to Uphill vs. downhill Mig tests?
    So just because he's the teacher I should take it as gospel? I shouldn't have my own doubts or ideas about what he says? He said that welding uphill is a waste of effort and that it's just as strong as down hill. He made no caveats like "unless it's a certain thickness" and in particular we...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by 2tay530; 07-25-2012, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2tay530
    replied to Uphill vs. downhill Mig tests?
    The man from Tips and Tricks Always says vert up for best penetration. That's the same thing I've heard from everybody and all my own destructive tests have shown. But I want something more than a hammer and a vice to show him
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2tay530
    started a topic Uphill vs. downhill Mig tests?

Uphill vs. downhill Mig tests?

This topic has been beaten to death but does anyone have any pictures or links of tests comparing uphill mig strength to downhill mig strength? Maybe some X-ray shots of them. We got a new ag mechanics instructor at school and he told me that there's practically no difference and one is no stronger...
    See more | Go to post

• 2tay530
    replied to Stick Electrode Smackdown
    jeez when they say someones welds are like a signature they mean it. When i saw the two beads joining in the middle i was thinking Jeez i only kow of one person who welds like that. lol

As far as the test goes i think that he was perfectly correct about using diferent amperages for the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2tay530
    replied to Workbench - Video Tutorial
    I liked it. no need to make an hour video on a small table. I thought it was very simple to fallow for the beginer trying to build his own table with lots of time saving tips like not weliding all the way to the corners and not welding the top on solid. my only criticism is not about the video rather...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2tay530
    started a topic Bobcat 225 hours

Bobcat 225 hours

Im looking at buying a bobcat 225 used hear locally and there's a place selling a fleet of them. They want $1950 so I was wondering what an acceptable number of hours would be for this price on this machine. The add claims that they're well maintained what ever they consider that.
    See more | Go to post

• 2tay530
    replied to 7018 3/32 uphill
    Looks fantastic! Wish my uphill looked that good
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Well excuse me sir for not being a gosh dang expert on the internals of my machine. How many farmers do you think have been running a stick machine their entire lives know what a dang rectifier is and where in their cracker box it's located?! I tell you what for a "senior member" I'd expect...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Where in the machine are the output stud or rectifier?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hobart stickmate won't weld in DC anymore

Just last night I was out practicing my 7018 DCEP and I had been welding quite a while with brakes ever 2 passes on a 6" plate just to cool it off in the sink. All of a sudden all I would get is a spark and then it would stick. Could not get a steady arc.

I thought maybe I over...
    See more | Go to post

• 2tay530
    replied to Pipe fence gate
    Find some 1" rod inside the 1" sch 40. Cap the sch 40 first then drop a 1" ball bearing in it then put a greasert in it. Polish up the rod with a flap wheel then insert it in the pipe. Weld it on and grease it up. No binding and no squeaking either and it opens like a dream.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2tay530
    replied to Trailer how big with single axle
    I would not use the tongue design drawn on those plans. Instead extend the angle all the way to the coupler and use an a-frame coupler. With the design shown, where the frame converges on some form of tubing, you're week point is right at that joint and if you happen to put to much weight on it, it'll...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• If you enjoy shooting at all, targets are always a fun thing to make. I'm in highschool to and since my freshman year I've built 4 targets. There's one that's called a shooting star that is a pretty awesome target but very challenging so you better have lots of ammo. Lol. The other three were just swingers....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X