Search Result

Collapse
121 results in 0.0470 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• that green recumbent bike

Hey Weldnut; those recumnents are exctly what I have been looking for in design for over a year looking on different recumbent bike forums and recumbent manufactures. Your green bike has my eyes sore from looking at it so long, that is exactly...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Carl W.; 11-29-2008, 02:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carl W.
    replied to MM - 210 For Sale
    I recall my 280 C-25 bottle cost me $163 empty, back in 02 with a lease of $47 a year this a number I keep coming up with in my head. So 6 years for the Mig bottle would of been $282 if leased. Not so as owner owned. The Argon 280 bottle owner owned since 91 at $47 leased for 17 years would be $799...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Carl W.; 11-05-2008, 02:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carl W.
    replied to MM - 210 For Sale
    Back in late 2002 I paid $2,506 out the door tax included for my MM 251 W/30A, two bottle rack and two flow regulators. I think the second flow regulator was a freebie tossed in. This Miller store 28 miles from home in the S.F. bay area. I went back the next saturday with more cash and got the promised...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• converting a bottle to filled with a different gas

I have a 250 or 280 cu/ft helium bottle with about 900 pounds left in it.
    It will need a hydro that I know.
    Can The valve be changed to a Co2 valve and the bottle filled with Co2 instead of helium? Is the helium valve the same as a Co2 valve?
    This will be used for Co2 charging...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Carl W.; 11-05-2008, 12:54 AM.

• After many hand me downs, smashed up junkers and making one welder out of three I ended up back in 91 with a Synchrowave 350 fully loaded down to power factor caps except spot timer. Wet torch with cooler and heavy duty foot control. In 02 purchased a 251 MM w/30A spoolgun, two bottle cart, two regulators,...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Carl W.; 11-05-2008, 12:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carl W.
    replied to Spoolmatic 30A
    In late 2002 I purchased a MM251 w/30A, dual bottle cart, two regulators for $2,506 out the door with taxes here in the San Francisco bay area. The local Miller shop wanted $3,463 before taxes. Two miles vs 28 miles with a great savings you know where I went. Drove the 28 miles and got the promised...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I already thought about the electric blanket idea (i'm an electrician) with the one we used at work heating large PVC pipe. It would not get a full keg of 13 gallons to anywhere near a boil plus it was only 120 volt not in the 4500 to 5500 watt range that requires 240 volt. Heat takes big power in watts....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder; thanks for the reply.
    I'll have to weld up a chamber and test on an old odd keg before cutting up
    a clean one. This way I can check for the proper wattage element.
    I'll try 3 1/2" thin wall stainless tube to see if it will transfer enough heat away from a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The fear I have with a compression fitting is the expansion difference of copper vs stainless going from room temp to a boil besides the soft copper becoming loose when bumped and banged while cleaning the keg. Stated braze or silver solder copper to a stainless fitting, now gives me an idea to thread...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• can I weld copper tubing to stainless and what material used if so?

Making a heat exchanger to allow indirect heating with a electric element in a 15.5 gallon beer keg. Can I weld copper tubing to a stainless coupling then coupling to keg? I will use ATF fluid to transfer element heat inside the copper tubing.
    See more | Go to post

• Carl W.
    replied to syncrowave 350 vs 351
    I have a 91 350 Synchro fully loaded from new without the spotweld control, never had a problem with it nor will ever sell it. My favorite welder after going thru 11 others besides paid for itself within 3 months, not bad for a garage hobby welder. Water cooled with long stinger leads. At the Miller...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carl W.
    replied to New spool guns coming????
    If I was looking to buy another welder or spoolgun I would go thru ebay or Cyberwelds.com. Sorry to say my LWS will not budge on their prices i'll shop somewhere else as $921 price difference for my 251 w/30A gun is way too high for a "support your local welding supply" thing.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carl W.
    That serial number chart is trick, dummy me never looked on the forum for this. Thanks bro, I now have the 350 Synchro and 351 owners manual down loaded. I knew I would learn something today and this is it, now die a happy man, not yet I hope.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carl W.
    I was in China back in 88, at the butcher stands they had whole BBQ dog on display as well cut up like we have beef here in the U.S. of A. A normal thing there. The BBQ dog was complete, head to tail, down to the toe nails just gutted and looked like a stuffed animal. Yes I ate dog when in southern...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I think the welders are sized about right for my garage hobby playing.
    First Mig welding project a custom exhaust with mandrel bends with the
    Millermatic 251 that has a 30A gun. First Tig project was a aluminum underwater camera housing with the Synchrowave 350. Pieces made on the lathe...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X