Collapse
6 results in 0.0085 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Xray
    replied to Aluminum or Magnesium?
    I don't believe that Ts-Off-Road was trying to mislead anyone. I believe that he was just making a point that if a person is careless with ANYTHING (including thoriated tungsten) then you can get injured, sick, or die from it....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Xray
    I appreciate everyone's comments, but I'm still waiting for an answer to my question of how to dertermine what type of metal I have. I suppose I could shave off a few splinters of metal with a knife, and then try to burn it with a propane torch. If it glows very brightly while burning, then it probably...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Xray
    What else is there besides welding and riding??? Hmmmm..... I can think of one thing, but I might get kicked off this forum if I mentioned it! ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Xray
    I believe you are referring to the fact that Thorium is slightly radioactive, which is very bad to breath into your lungs. I Tig weld with very good ventilation, even when using pure Tungsten. Any metallic vapors are bad to inhale, and some are much worse than others. The Miller site has lots of good...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Xray
    Yes, I recall from High School Chemistry class that Magnesium does burn, but it requires Oxygen to support the combustion. I don't believe it would burn when shielded by the Argon....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Xray
    started a topic Aluminum or Magnesium?

Aluminum or Magnesium?

Hi all! This is my first post on the Miller forum.

I use my Econotig for general hobby welding, and I occasionally use it for my X-ray repair business. One problem that I recently encountered is I was trying to repair a broken metal bracket that holds a rear cover onto a Dental X-ray...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X