Collapse
12 results in 0.0074 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• mikewalker11
    replied to Old miller tig welder
    I have a foot pedal. It works great but Im putting a roll cage in my mustang and putting the pedal between my legs is annoying. I have to be in weird positions as it is my welds are strong but the beauty is suffering lol.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mikewalker11
    started a topic Old miller tig welder

Old miller tig welder

Does anyone know a way to make a finger control for the tig torch on my miller 330 abp? Ive been told its not but Im hopefull someone has an idea. I thought of using a servo and remote controller from a r/c car. The welder works great. I hate to spend thousands on a new welder just to get the torch...
    See more | Go to post

• mikewalker11
    replied to 330 Tig question
    I was thinking about putting a milk crate in there i could sit on and work the pedal. The cage is mild steel Im probably nuts for tiging it. The welds look way better though and i know its stronger.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mikewalker11
    replied to 330 Tig question
    Ok i guess Ill be learning some tricks to hit the pedal. Im installing a roll cage in my mustang.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mikewalker11
    started a topic 330 Tig question

330 Tig question

I have an older miller 330 abp. Does anyone know if I can hook up a remote tig amp control. I have the pedal, but i want one for the torch.
    See more | Go to post

• Im not too shure how to do it but there is a spark gap in the machine to check and adjust. I have one, and when you get it working it has insane power. Ive tig welded 1/2 inch plate on medium setting. Also it welds aluminum great as well. If you ever weld on high your neighbors tv will shut off lol...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mikewalker11
    replied to Roll Bar Install
    As far as I know you cannot weld chromoly with any thing but tig. A you have to pre heat and be carful not to over penetrate.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Does it happen with tig or arc welding?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mikewalker11
    replied to Miller 35
    Ok thanks for all the help!!! You guys are great. Can't beat experience and know how. I also have a miller 330 abp tig machine, but Ill save those questions for another time. Thanks again!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mikewalker11
    replied to Miller 35
    You, guys are right. Just inspected the new ergo gun install job the last guy did. The hose going from the argon solenoid to the nipple on the ergo kit is too big. Gas is pouring out at the nipple. I can still feel it at the gun but this is a problem i can fix pretty easy. I am running 75/25 argon /...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mikewalker11
    replied to Miller 35
    Yeah I down loaded the manual. I tried it on all the taps. Im installing weld in sub frame connectors in my mustang. The connectors are thicker than the body metal. On tap 1 it doesn't penetrate the thicker stuff, but on 2 it will but eats up the body metal. Could bad diodes cause this?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mikewalker11
    started a topic Miller 35

Miller 35

I recently purchased a white face miller 35. It has a new ergo plus 25 gun kit on it . It welds thick stuff great, but blows through on body work. It had .30 wire in it I have .23, but I had to order the .23 drive rolls. Do you guys think the smaller wire will make a difference or should I find a smaller...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X