Collapse
19 results in 0.0097 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• JCFab
    replied to 255 multi and 90/10 gas
    Our LWS only has 90/10 in 300 size bottles. I've used 80/20 for spray quite a bit. It should work on your multi with perhaps some arc length adjustments.

75/25 works fine for short circuit and I believe there are settings for it inside the cover.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by JCFab; 07-19-2021, 07:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    replied to How to Setup Pulse on MM255
    It is VIKING .035" ER70 S-6. Made in Vietnam. Just over $2.00/Lb. We've run almost #100 of it in pulse with all the above problems. The monumental difference with the L-56 left my head spinning.

I spent a good amount of time badmouthing the MM255 here. I felt I owed an apology to Miller....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by JCFab; 07-19-2021, 07:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    replied to Coolant for a tig welder
    [QUOTE=G-ManBart;n616077]

Evidently not

You do realize the post before yours was 14 years ago, right?

I do!
    I finally pulled the trigger and bought a chiller. Decided to check into the magic juice for it. There is so much conflicting information, distilled...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    replied to Coolant for a tig welder
    Miller ServiceDude,

You stated "The most important thing about the coolant for Tig is that it is not conductive, if it is it will rob HF away from getting to the end of the torch. RV coolant is conductive. Automotive anti-freeze is not only conductive but the additives in it will attack...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    A VICTORY!!! The MM255 works pretty well after all!

So after fighting with this and another MM255 for seven months, Miller did get back with me and suggested turning up the "Arc Control" setting a few points. Factory setting is 30 so I went up to 35. There was minimal improvement...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    replied to MM255 tip question
    The likely cause is a ball of spatter has welded itself to the contact tip. My MM255's (yes two of them) have explosive arc starts that blow sparks all over our shop. Hit the tip with a flap wheel and see if you get sparks. This is evidence that there is a ball of steel welded to the tip. Grind it off...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    The Baker's Gas video convinced me that the MM255 Pulsed Auto-Set software is jacked up. I have been fighting with a 255 (and Miller) since January 2021. I've had the machine to two service centers and welded with it in front of them. They agree that pulse is an open arc transfer method and we shouldn't...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    replied to Bernard Q gun users
    Q-300

Savage,

I agree w/SUNDOWNlll, a 300 is a little big but I have 2 of them and I like them better than the 400's at work. Liner wise, the Bernards run large and can cause a strange buzz in the gun at high wire feeds. I could fit an .062 wire in my .035/.045 liner. Check...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    replied to 12vs or RC
    RC vs VS

I have the TB302 and the 12RC and could not be happier. I've run 8 rolls of .045" solid on 1/2" plate. Three rolls of .035" on everything thinner. That combination goes from short circuit to spray and anything in between. It is like having a shop welder out in...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    started a topic Rusty Wire

Rusty Wire

We have rapid temperature/humidity swings in Texas and I found open spools of wire getting nasty looking when put back in the original package. I built this goofy little box and put a 25w light bulb in it to keep the wire dry. I had some foil faced OSB and thought "radiant barrier". Seems...
    See more | Go to post

• JCFab
    replied to I think Miller made a mistake...
    Hi,

Just my 2cents...I had issues with a Bobcat and a volt sensing feeder several years ago when a Miller rep finally explained that a 'Cat' is not a true CV machine. Comparing the volt/amp curves of a 'Cat' and a TB show this to be true. When trying to get near spray parameters, the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    replied to TB302, RC12 and AL.
    RC12 and Al

Hi!

I know this is an older post but I have first hand info from this weekend. I'm running an RC12 from a TB302, full size spool of .035" 4043 with an 8ft. Bernard gun w/ Carbon Fiber liner and .039" tip.

It took a while to get things...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    replied to Finished my pit
    Great Setup!! I can smell that brisket here!

This is one I made a few years ago from scraps. The tounge comes off so you don't bash your shin on it. It works really well for me.

Jeff...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JCFab
    replied to amperage and volt for spray arc?
    I might be out of line here but to the best of my knowledge, Flux Core does not "spray" as a solid wire will. It is more of a globular transfer. If you are used to true MIG spray then FC will seem more like short circuit running on the high side. Don't forget, some of that diameter is taken...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've seen the "volcano" at the end of the weld before at work. It turned out to be a bad nozzle seal. It was sucking air past the diffuser and mixing with the shield gas. Mill oil on the steel has done that to me at home also.
    Jeff
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X