Collapse
6 results in 0.0080 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• OlSkool
    replied to Aluminum Tig Question
    Thanks for the help. I have to pick up supplies this week and then I will try it. I hope to try it this week and post an update. I will try. Thanks again everyone for all the great advice. It has been 5 year since I tig welded aluminum and that was with a big old Miller machine and that welded...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OlSkool
    Thanks for the advice/help. I was wondern if my electrode was to faw away. I will try it when I get home in few days. Also, how far shoildnthe electrode stick out of the cup.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OlSkool
    I think I will pick up a 1/16 tungsten & collet and see what happens. I will also talk with the weld store and ask them and see what they have to say.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OlSkool
    The 180 Diversion only has a button to push to switch between Steel & Aluminum. I can't switch polarity that I know of so I don't think that will work. Thanks anyway.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OlSkool
    I am using the 3/16 tungsten that came with the welder; red one, I know it's not pure tungsten. I can pick up those. I am using 1/16 filler also. They way I am grinding the tungsten, is that correct way for aluminum tig with this machine.
    Thanks for the reply.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OlSkool
    started a topic Aluminum Tig Question

Aluminum Tig Question

I have a Diversion 180 that I bought new a few months ago and have finally fired it up and tried to tig some aluminum. The aluminum I am working with is 16/18 gauge so it is thing. I am repairing automotive body panels so there is some pitting in the aluminum. These have been stripped and blasted...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X