84 results in 0.0179 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• bryce_burden
    replied to Humor Thread
    Lawyers vs Farmers

A big city-slicker lawyer went duck hunting. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence.

As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied to Miller dialarc 250
    I realize that they are both the same machine, but I like the fact that I can take the Miller back to AIRGAS and have it worked on should something go wrong with it. I looked at the Hobart but didn't like the fact that if something went wrong with it and I took it back to Atwoods they would just laugh...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied to Miller dialarc 250
    Dialarc 250

I've had a couple experiences with the older Dialarcs and was very pleased with both of them. The first was a couple years ago at the high school I used to go to. We had one in the shop and I used it everyday...the only problem with it was the amperage dial was about 25 amps...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied to millermatic 252
    We have two of them at work and I love them. I too have problems with the compartment on the front being hard to open, and the ground could stand to be a bit longer, but other than that great machines. We also have two 251s and they are nice too but I really like the angled face and longer gun lead...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Yes I'm pretty sure that the Subaru/Robin is the old Onan engines, that is what I'd go with. I'm not sure about the Kohlers in Millers machines but the one my old boss has in his lawnmower has gave him nothing but trouble. Service might be a bit more troublesome to find things for the Robin but overall...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    YMBAWI: You are sitting in Geometry class doing a worksheet, see an angle named Angle TIG, and your mind automatically leaves the worksheet and goes back to wishing you were in the shop welding.

Just happened to me.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied to Just started my new job
    Shipping to Great Lakes IL for Recruit Training with the U.S. Navy to become a Hull Maintainence Technician....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    started a topic Just started my new job

Just started my new job

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't had the chance to get on for a while. Things over at CB Fabrications have kinda slowed down, which means that so has my income. I began looking around for a job that I could land a steady paycheck at. Well I found it and started last Thursday. I am welding...
    See more | Go to post

• That's a good idea...I like that one!!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied to Tips for the wire welder
    I had the same problem here recently with flux-core wire in my grandpas SP-135. I was attaching some rolled wire onto some panels for chickens, the tip kept plugging up, and after several times of taking it off and cleaning it out, I got mad, fired up the old Thunderbolt and cranked her down real low,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied to Radio Operators
    Well I went back tonight to look at some of our instructor's ham equipment and found out I got my call sign so just signin on with everyone else here.

KE5TJA
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied to Radio Operators
    Well, I took the test to get my Technician class license and I passed. Go back tonight, the guy that gave the class is going to show us how to set up and use the equipment. My question for you fellow hams is this: What kind of radio would you recommend getting? I had been looking at base stations, but...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied to Newbie Signing In
    Glad to hear that you got your machine up and running. As with anything else, keep practicing and it will come to you. I myself don't know about your rust problem, but I'm sure someone who knows more than I do will chime in and help.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I really don't have any favorites. All of you guys have been a tremendous help to me since I've been here and I enjoy visiting with all of you.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks Don. I agree that no matter how young or old a person is, he never quits learning. I try to help the ones out here that are just getting started, until they get smart with me. At the same time, I am not afraid to ask someone for advice if I'm not sure of the best way to do something.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X