Collapse
38 results in 0.0046 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• jcb
    replied to Trip to the scrap yard
    I'm not sure a verical piece and legs made up of that stuff would weigh that much but whatever it would end up weighing, it won't fall over every time one of the kids happens to brush by it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    replied to used welder/gen. for sale?
    I guy up this way has a Lincoln Ranger 10000 gas driven with 12 hrs use for sale . I think he wants $3200. Not sure if it's a good deal or not.

to view : www.kijiji.ca
    in Moncton NB (tools and equipment)
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    replied to newbie thats a little confused
    Was in your shoes a few years ago. After reading, discussing the subject for several months, ended up with the mm180 with auto set. Rigged up a 25 ft extension cord and am very pleased with the machine and it's capacities. Works fine with 1/4".

Welcome and good luck
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    replied to Trip to the scrap yard
    Sorry guys, not 3 cents a pound, I meant 30 cents. You've got me convinced. I'll go see after work tomorrow to see if the stuff is still there. I'm not equiped to weld that stuff yet, barely equiped to do mild steel. The stuff kind of caught my eye the other day when I looked in the scrap bin and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    started a topic Trip to the scrap yard

Trip to the scrap yard

Went to the scrap yard yesterday morning to see if they had anything interesting. I saw they had several pieces of round tubing 2'' solid stainless steel. There's probably 12-15 pieces of it in various lenghts from 3' to 10'. All the metal at the scrap yard sells for .030/lbs. I didn't pick any...
    See more | Go to post

• jcb
    replied to New project pics
    You're absolutely right, in no way will I be using this for anything heavy and whatever I will be lifting, I won't be laying under it that's for sure.

Thanks for the advice
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    replied to New project pics
    Not much of a welding project but a project just the same.

I was having difficulties getting some of the heavier pieces of scrap metal out of the bin at the scrap yard. The bin was made up from an old tanker trailer cut in half. I struggled for about an hour the last time trying to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    replied to My first welding project
    I've never seen this much snow. 3 feet has fallen in the past 5 days alone. Prior to that, it was the most snow we had seen in 20 years. You have to see it to beleive it. Half the town's in a panic over not being able to safely turn street corners due to snow banks. The other half is scrambling...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    I got my hands on several of those 3'x4' grills. The're pretty strurdy. I cut them to fit the spaces and weld it to the frame. I'll simply be using the trailer for a 4x4 or a snowmobile. May sell it and build a bigger and stronger one for myself.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    yea, it's an incomplete trailer that i flipped upside down to fasten the axel. I'll send more pics as I go.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    started a topic My first welding project

My first welding project

Here are some pics of my first project.......learning as I go...which is alot everytime I pull the trigger....
    See more | Go to post

• jcb
    replied to What are the best drill bits
    Thanks for all your advice. I went to my shop and sharpened my bits instead of getting new ones. I was careful with the angle using a stationary belt sander with a fine grit. I slowed the speed down on my drill press and cut through a piece of 1/2 '' steel like nothing with a 1/4 '' bit.. A bit that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    started a topic What are the best drill bits

What are the best drill bits

What drill bits are best to get if you are drilling metal ? I've seen Titanium, Zirconium Nitride, Cobalt, H.S.S. Some indicate "high speed", some are coated with the above metals only. I do know that some are much more expensive and stay sharp longer than others but I have no idea what...
    See more | Go to post

• jcb
    replied to welding shop
    Migman, reading the above you kind of have the same interests and welding plans as I do minus the part where you'd like to own your own welding business. I had the same questions and using this forum, the welding supply store workers advice and my own internet research, I ended up getting the Millermatic...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    replied to New here and to welding
    Welcome TC

I am fairly new to this forum myself. The group knows their stuff very well and have answered all of my questions so far. Some of my questions may have seemed elementary to them but they answered them with interest everytime.

Good Luck.

JC
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X