37 results in 0.0157 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• abprt
    replied to Problem with 2050 Plasma
    problem with 2050.

I own two of these machines and have had both guns to have a wire break about 12 or more inside housing. Now keep a third gun for spare. This could be your problem. Use an ohm meter to check each wire while flexing the complete gun....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pin it.

If you are able to drill the crack, use the lock and stitch procedure. Works wonders on cast iron and aluminum.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• abprt
    replied to Engine Block
    Lock n stitch

Use the Lock n stitch process and don't take chances with the block. Threw a rod on track loader and put 4 inch hole in block. That's been six years ago and not a problem at all....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• abprt
    replied to Gas lens breakage
    When I decided to try gas lens, I orderd gas lens and cups for .040 / 1/16 / and 3/32 tugstens so each box and packages are marked according to size and that is how I select for correct size for the tungstens...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• abprt
    replied to Gas lens breakage
    gas lens breakage

Sorry for the misconception but was talking about the cup and it is sized correctly for the 3/32 tungsten and not over tightened. Have seen bad tig torches so maybe it could be a bad batch of cups....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• abprt
    started a topic Gas lens breakage

Gas lens breakage

Can anyone tell me why my 3/32 gas lens breaks in to at the neck down area? It's happened about four times using different amps from 120 to 180. Running an average of 15 cfm and only finger tighten the cup. Today had only welded about five minutes when it happened again. Hasn't happened with any other...
    See more | Go to post

• Plasma cutting

Use a miller 2050 myself and understand your situation. Personally I would use an air arc system to cut the weld. You can control the depth of the cut with the air arc....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• abprt
    replied to Motor repair
    motor repair

No welding involved with this repair. It was done by the metal pinning tech....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• abprt
    started a topic Motor repair

Motor repair

Customer called and asked for an estimate to fix an 8" inch crack in an old tractor motor. Lesson learned prior was never to give estimate over the phone. After taking broken pieces out of motor and checking the entire block, there was at least 36" inches of crack to repair plus installing...
    See more | Go to post

• abprt
    started a topic Replacing hose on smith jeweler's torch

Replacing hose on smith jeweler's torch

Has anyone had any experience with replacing the small torch hoses on the Smith jeweler's torch? The hoses are plastic with a woven seth around them and when it's cold the plastic tends to break because of tight spiral wrap that they are in. Has anyone replaced the hoses with small diameter vac. ho...
    See more | Go to post

• abprt
    replied to plasma problems
    plasma problem

Have had two torches for the same 2050 have broken wires below the handle. Try holding the trigger down and wiggling the lead directly below the handle. Know that my torches weren't mishandled by anyone since I am the only one who has used it since buying...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• abprt
    replied to When welding cast iron.
    cast iron welding

Daniel; Cast iron can be a night mare. What works one time, might not work the next time. Had an exhaust manifold that used N. 99 on one end and things went really good but couldn't beat the weld on the opposite ends even though I didn't change a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• abprt
    replied to any1 ever weld a engine block?
    repairing a cast iron motor block

Sometimes cast iron blocks will continue to crack with preheat and get worst while welding. To eliminate continous welding problems repairing motor blocks, I would suggest to use the pinning technique. You can check it out on the net....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• abprt
    replied to Synchrowave 180 sd issues
    180 sd problem

It is very possible to have a bad bottle of argon from the supplier. I've read alot of the articles posted here and have a 180 sd and also a 200d. Recently tried to do a job on alumimun and neither machine would work right on the alumimun. Have a second...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• abprt
    replied to how to weld cast engine block
    Repairing a crack in motor block

It would be best if you checked out using the pinning tech. to repair that motor block. Repairing a cast iron motor block is a big gamble with usually bad results. Not saying that it can't be done but after seeing what problems that can come from trying...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X