Search Result

Collapse
14 results in 0.0086 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• thank you

I want to thank everyone for their help with my question about the copper coating on the carbon tig filler rods. As far as someone sugesting just using a 308 rod...im guessing you ment a 309 for welding carbon. I know a 309 will work on carbon but not sure about a 308...Anyway...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• flashback arrestors

I've always used them at the regulator. One thing i never do is pull more hose than needed so it wont be gathered up at my feet waiting for me to do something stupid. One thing I did with my bike was to add a 100 watt hallogen driving light to the handle bars. I powered...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tig filler rods for carbon steel

Perhaps someone can answer this question about tig filler rods based on facts.

I've seen many welders sand the copper coating from the filler rods before they will weld. I've never done this. I can't see where it makes any difference, but maybe I don't have the experiance to see the...
    See more | Go to post

• welding ss pipe in 6g

I'm currently just learning how to weld schedule 10 ss pipe. I dont believe anyone can pass a 6 g test or even a 1 g position without many hours of practice, and hands on supervision with a skilled instructor. thicker pipe is more forgiving but its still easy to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• welding aluminum and stainless steel together

It is posible to weld the two metals together. you use the same process that the makers of fancy frying pan makers do. its called explosive welding. two diffent types of metal are joined together under a controled explosion. it generates preasures...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• rickhunt@backroads.net
    replied to Tungsten help...
    nasty tig2

After relooking at your post your plate isnt as thick as i had thought..so forget about beveling it..just grind it untill it shines and try walking the cup if you arn't already. Tig isnt easy..practice..practice...practice.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• rickhunt@backroads.net
    replied to Tungsten help...
    nasty tig

I can see several problems..one is that you seem to be long arcing..also your travel speed is too high and the metal isn't prepped properly. Use that grinder. What rate was your argon set ? What size cup were you using ? How far was the tung sticking out ? Too much gas is as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• transformer vs inverter

I'd personally go with whatever you like. Some people like a big box. I love the dx250..looks good at Christmas and welds great. Others swear the 304 is the way to go. I'd take one. One thing about a big box is, its easy to mount a 22a wire feeder on top if you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• keeping an open mind

If you'll keep an open mind and perhaps consider some smaw. I'd take a look at a thunderbolt xl 225 ac/dc. its 220v and takes more skill but for a low price welder I don't think you can beat the quality. I think you'd be happier with It than with a low price 110 volt...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• rickhunt@backroads.net
    replied to Banned!
    jeanette

she sent me a private email also. I was sorry that i was unable to email her back. I had a few questions for her. Is it ok to give my cobra regular pepsi or should i give motombo (my cobra ) caffeine free pepsi? He also loves it when i play AC/DC. If i crank up highway to ****...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• rickhunt@backroads.net
    replied to How many passes
    14'' pipe 1/2 inch thick

sounds like a high pressure pipe to me. If it's a critical weld that has to be 100% right (high pressure steam or water). sounds like it really should be xrayed to make sure the welds are good with no inclusions. or at least dye tested. Your questions tell me...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nice

nice TI work. I enjoy seeing what an artist can do. When I see some of the work displayed here. I feel qualified only to sweep the shop floor.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• rickhunt@backroads.net
    replied to welding shop
    shop equipment

I'm thankfull not to have been eating while reading joebass's reply. I was laughing so hard i would have choked.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• rickhunt@backroads.net
    replied to how is this weld?
    welding scrap

what position are you welding in? The only negative thing i can say is to slow your travel speed down a little. try practicing running stringers on flat plate 6 inches by 8 inches. cover the plate and lets see what that looks like. focus on uniform width and highth. Let's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X