Collapse
500 results in 0.1791 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Sundown
    replied to Idea Gallery
    Hit the print screen key, close the window and go to MS-Paint and open a blank screen, in the edit tab select paste and it should copy it to the screen, then I croped it and saved it using save as as a .jpeg file. Then I copied it to my free account at photobucket, and copied the photobucket link in...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied to Idea Gallery
    This a screenshot of what I see. The only zeros I can see are when there have been no ratings submitted. What browser and operating system are you using?

See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Sundown; 09-07-2007, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied to Idea Gallery
    The stars display fine on my IE browser [Win Vista]. Looks to me like the rating (number of stars colored in comes from the average of all those who submitted their rating how many that might be, good job there.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied to Tungsten
    I did try tri-Mix when I first bought the Thermal Arc 185TSW, Jim at DG sent me two sticks and they arrived in about a week. First thing I noticed was that it seemed to take a bit more amps to get it going, I called Jim and he said that it did require about 10% more amperage than say a lanthanated...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Sundown; 09-06-2007, 07:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied to Tungsten
    Clint,

Lots of people feel that way about Thoriated tungsten and I believe that as long as you are protecting yourself from exposure, as you are doing, then you won't have any problems down the road....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied to Tungsten
    One should not breath in any ground tungsten particles, period, ever. And as to Thoriated, why use it as there is a reason that all the research was done to provide alturnatives. I, like James and others use 2% lanthaniated, the only reason I settled on it was that it works for everything and I only...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Sundown; 09-03-2007, 03:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied to Tungsten Life
    Don, good to see you are getting more into Tig, for me it's been fun since the guy down the street let me play with his Lincoln PT185. I was instantly hooked, the process is so challanging and at the same relaxing I like to think of it as therapy....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied to Tungsten Life
    While the original question was, how long (in terms of length) can tungsten be used?, there is another part of this question that should be noted if for no more reason than just having the information. There is a, how long can tungsten be used (in terms of time) question that might affect when you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied to tungsten holders
    I have done 1.5" long tungsten, howerer in normal practice I pitch them out at 2", at first speed will be slow then as you gain technique with practice speed will get there. However, I can make no speed garrentees as you milage will vary from what mine I would be....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied to HTP2400 Arrived Today!
    Great when a plan comes togeather, even if it takes longer than planed for. Use of some cannon plugs might have helped maybe, but just look at the fun you had, kinda like sitting under the Xmas tree on Xmas eve putting the kids bike togeather while your wife laughs at you . Looking foward to some...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied to dyanasty 200 and mig
    If you get that to work we will want lots of pictures
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Normally WeldingDepot sems to be the cheapest, I normally use www.weldingsupply.com for most everything I don't get at my local LWS....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Sundown; 08-28-2007, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Unless I am very much mistaken all, or at least most of, the Jackson A/D 4X5 cartriges will fit that hood and the newer Halo-X hood. There are normally several of the different types for sale on ebay without the hoods, depends of the features you want, and what you want to pay.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    Gotcha, hopefully nothing unforseen pops up to hinder the purchase....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    Chris,

As James already said you can get as long as a taper as you want/need just by adjusting the angle of the tungsten against the surface you are grinding on. I normally want a 30 degree taper with a .020-.030 flat for aluminum, and a 20 degree taper with a point for everything else....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X