59 results in 0.0310 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• 2much2do
    started a topic cast iron muffler

cast iron muffler

I have a cast iron muffler on a diesel lawn tractor with a crack. I don't handle cast at work and have never dealt with it in the past. Rather than shell out $400 for a new one, I'd like to try to repair this one first. I know cast is pretty sensitive to heat change. I'm looking for some advice on repairing...
    See more | Go to post

• 2much2do
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    [QUOTE=Big Tattoo;202390]You joined this forum just to post to this thread.

"If your girlfriend tells you to stop picking your noise and showing her the black crap you find!!"

You try to use that black crap as filler metal.

You refer to your O/A rig as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    replied to RV bumper reinforcement.
    Did you reinforce the 4x4 tubing or make entirely separate carrier? Also did you attach to the crossmembers or the framerails themselves.? And hopefully last question, what size tubing did you use?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    started a topic RV bumper reinforcement.

RV bumper reinforcement.

I can post some pics later, but I just wanna toss this idea out before I run out the door to work. Our bike rack has caused a weld to crack on our camper. While repairing the cracked weld won't be a problem, I want to reinforce the bumper to prevent this from happening in the future. My initial thoughts...
    See more | Go to post

• 2much2do
    replied to MIG welding stainless
    for that little bit, give the C25 a shot. I've used it with good results, but I was just welding stainless onto a mild steel bearing surface to be machined down. I prefer the tri-mix, but for a small weld, will not go through the B.S. of switching the tank. Also if you're worried about spatter protect...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    replied to mig weld aluminum
    How can I tell what type of aluminum I have?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    started a topic mig weld aluminum

mig weld aluminum

in order to mig weld aluminum what is the recommended shielding gas? I've tigged aluminum before, but my cheap A$$ China freight tig doesn't have AC and what I have to weld is too much of a pain to bring to work. So I'd like to play with the mig before I go through all the B.S. of hauling this lid to...
    See more | Go to post

• 2much2do
    replied to Sub Arc Flux Sifting
    I use Licolnweld 860 flux. It's a coarse agglomerated flux. I can keep it at room temp, so long as it's dry. I think I'm going to order some screen with about a .075 opening from Mcmaster Carr. Mixing some fresh flux in there also isn't a bad idea.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    I'm welding mild steel in rollers for printing machines, with the occasional stainless on in there which I haven't seen yet. I have 2 single wire heads. both run by Lincoln DC-400's. I'm currently using .045 Lincoln L-50 wire, but we're about to switch to .045 wire from Hyundai that comes in a "ball-pac"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    Thanks Bob I'll have my supervisor look at it. we do quite a bit of business with McMaster Carr. How big of a particle of slag can you allow in the flux? Nothing sucks more than getting a restriction in the nozzle and filling a roll with porosity in the middle of a job.

Pete
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    started a topic Sub Arc Flux Sifting

Sub Arc Flux Sifting

I just recently switched to sub arc welding. I weld ink rolls for printing machines to restore diameter lost to machining. Anyway, re-using the flux seems to be somewhat of an issue. While I'm getting good performance overall, once in awhile I get a piece of garbage stuck in the nozzle, exposing the...
    See more | Go to post

• 2much2do
    replied to Auto dark helmets
    I'll second Miller helmet's post on the performance series. I had mine on my head all day every day until I switched to sub arc. No complaints whatsoever.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    replied to Homemade tig welder
    I never said anything about perfection. Nothing is perfect and anybody that says different is obviously lying through their teeth.But Mike has a point. This board is for welding discussions. I apologize for helping to get off the subject....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    replied to Homemade tig welder
    My Dad has run a church for over 30 yrs. and is nothing like that.

Let's face it. Churches, like anything else cost money to run.

No I'm not judging anybody, because I've done more than my share of drinking and swearing.

Oh yeah, if that really works, that's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2much2do
    replied to Showing off some young talent!
    Wow.

6 yrs. old and he can do that already!?!?!? That's amazing. That's great that you're showing him how to work with metal. One day, I'd like to teach my daughter, (and possible subsequent offspring) what I know. If that's what they want.Keep up the good work.

Pete
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X