Collapse
71 results in 0.0281 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• mustange70
    replied to spray transfer open root
    Yep it can be done on open roots, and pending what you're welding to code wise it can be all position too (also pends on where in the world you're at, as i've seen 100% of pipeline welds done with pipe bugs doing spray mig, but it was 100% x-rayed)

I wouldn't recomend doing it out of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stopped by a local shop and got a pretty good deal on a good torch and flow meter, torch is rated for 150amps (with a gas flow knob, and the tourch seems of good quality) which should be plenty, 30ft of cable for $150, i know i probably could have got one cheaper but i got this at cost (retail was like...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'm just going to be using a miller dialarc 250P ac/dc, and yes i will need a gas controll on the torch, thanks for the info guys
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mustange70
    replied to Nascar Chassis's
    Mild steel is used because of how it behaves in crashes, as it will deform more before failure, whereas 4130 will have less deformation before failure, and will do so at a much higher force, thus transfering more energy to the driver raising the risk for injury, and it also makes it harder to be really...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mustange70
    started a topic Scratch start tig tourch . . .

Scratch start tig tourch . . .

Soooo who makes a good durable relatively inexpensive scratch start tig tourch? Also same thing for a regulator/guage set for an argon bottle, i'm going to be doing some tube work (rollcage) and i really don't want to use stick for the tube work.
    See more | Go to post

• mustange70
    replied to what is your job?
    I'm a welding engineering tech. (went to sait in calgary), and i'm currently doing quailty control work at a induction bending/induction heat treating/chromium carbide overlay shop in calgary, my duties range from checking measurements on welded spools to verifing the hardness levels on our induction...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mustange70
    replied to Aircraft Alloys
    There's really very few metals that aren't weldable, and very few that can't be welded together (whether its practical or not is a whole nuther issue) successfully, i know of ABSA registered welding procedures for copper to mild steel piping (B31.3 piping systems).

They may say some things...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mustange70
    replied to Is CWB worth the money
    Ding Ding Ding, that be correct.

CWB certs. ensure to the unknowing consumer a minimum level of quality (and if this isn't met by the certified company then they can get in big trouble). Yeah sure a non certified company can and does produce better quality products then some certified...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mustange70
    replied to Checking voltages with DMM?
    don't run the meter if you're running any sort of pulse wave form or anything (we tried this at the place i used to work at when we were developing a metal core wire with a lincoln pulse/stt machine, and the thing wouldn't weld properly with the meter hooked up), as the meter can/will mess the waveform...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mustange70
    replied to Work pics
    good stuff. I wonder it works though, as any vessel in alberta needs to be absa registered with a bunch of other fine print bs (ie asme u stamp among other things), that said you guys ever get any inspectors from up here coming down to check things out?

Who knows, if its going up to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• yep sounds like the gas is the cause, couldn't tell you what mixture of the two to use as i've only played with the pulse spray a little and can't really say which will give you better results.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mustange70
    replied to DialARC HP comments please!
    Since we're on the topic of the dial arc, i have the same machine at home and i've been wondering how well these machines do with a scratch start tig setup, nothing fancy just a simple tourch and 100% Ar gas and basic regulator, i ask because i have a roll cage and sheet metal work on my race truck...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Well yes and no, up here in alberta (and maybe a few of the guys with a bit more knowledge on it could chime in) we have our journyman ticket which means really nothing more than a piece of paper saying you did you're schooling on the different processes and passed a practical as well, but that said...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mustange70
    replied to weld axel housing
    Use a good pre and post heat if its cast, that said any idea of what kind of a diff. it is?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mustange70
    replied to Welding A Chrome-moly Cage
    Beat me to it lol....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X