6 results in 0.0062 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• ShopTeacher
    replied to New to TIG.....
    Thanks BIG time!!

A big thanks for all of your posts, your experience and knowledge is amazing to say the least.

SafetyDave: I know I'm a long way from ever welding cast iron but just for curiousity's sake, how do you do it?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShopTeacher
    I just spent the last 20 or so mins. practicing some more with it and its coming - slowing but surely. I can keep a nice puddle going with no filler and even tried a little filler at the end just for fun. It will definitely take a lot of practice.

Thanks again
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShopTeacher
    Thanks for the input, I tried again today - had a little more success. Used a piece of 3/16 flatbar, ground and cleaned all of the scale off of it, removed about a 1/2" or so of the tungsten to get rid of any potential contaminents there and it seemed to work better. I had the machine set at about...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShopTeacher
    Thanks for the info, I have checked out and read a lot of this info. I am grinding the tungsten the proper way - it could be contaminated though.

I am starting to wonder if the handle could have been installed wrong on the front of the machine. Reason is, according to one chart I looked...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShopTeacher
    No offence taken whatsoever. Basically, the powers that be believe that if you have "a trade" you can be "a shop teacher"...frustrating to say the least...
    I am comfortable with stick and MIG its just the TIG that is new and I really am interested in learning it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShopTeacher
    started a topic New to TIG.....

New to TIG.....

Hey guys, new to the board but really enjoying viewing all the tips and help that is offered. I'm a high school welding teacher (I am a Machinist by trade) so not a great deal of welding experience and I have a 250DX that I just got running in my shop. I am having trouble getting a decent weld.
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X