No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
223 results in 0.0190 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Thanks for your comments and I'll look int the site issue to see if I put the web site in wrong.

Like I said I'm just trying to get a better understanding of what some other company's have for leadership quailifications and what if any specialization skills are needed for that positon....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• How to to define a lead/group leader?

HI everybody! its been awhile since my last visit here and things have gotten very busy for me at my job.

We have been working any where from norm-40hrs to 60hrs steady since September and it looks like it will be this way past Jan, which is good compaired to alot of other places that...
    See more | Go to post

• yes you can get just about any shade you want, check with your local ws store and they should be able to help if your not sure what shade you may need for the work your doing.

I have an 8 in mine but I've used it along time so I'm use to it, but would not suggest someone else to us...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    replied to Can you fix this?
    Hey Doctor-Doctor

Yes your tank can be fixed and some times it can't be done because of the extent of the crack, the reason I say this is we would got them in all the time when we had our family R.V. dealership in Michigan.

It just depended on how much the customer wanted...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    replied to Flash Burn
    reposting.

I'm bring this back up for a couple of reasons regarding info about my posting.

(1) I would like to take this time to apologize to "MIKESWELDING" for my rude and harsh comment regarding useing potatoes for flash burn, I understand that yes their are...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    replied to Flash Burn
    Hey [email protected] just so you know what I said IS NOT SOME FOLK MEDICINE The doctor I went to told me this would work better then the slim crap he put in my eyes and he tells any welders that come in for flash burn the same thing. And yes it does work so unless you have done it and tried it GO ON ABOUT...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    replied to Flash Burn
    Hi Andyman.

From the way it sound like you might have some thing in your eye so, yes you should get it checked out just because ITS YOUR EYES! Ben there and have hasd mine taped shut for 2-3 days before just because I was in a hurry doing a project and then I paid for it and so did my...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    replied to 120 foot oxygen vessels
    YES I AGREE, TAKE IT SOME WHERE ELSE GUYS!!
    We are here to help with info and to be supportive of newer guys and ones that might not know the different proceduers within the welding trade, so if you don't mind TAKE IT SOME WHERE ELSE.

I don't have time or the patients for stuff...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by safetydave; 06-28-2009, 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    replied to Work World
    I have been laid off since the first of Feb-09 and have looked all over the surounding area with little luck at all everybody is slow right now or just not doing anything, but I did get a call Friday for a weld test and interview with a good company out of Elkhart,In called Dometic which they do alot...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    replied to first project???
    My first project would have to be actually getting to weld when I have never welded in my life, back in 1986 working for a company in Bronson, Michigan makeing hitches, ballmounts for cars and trucks.

I got the job as a fill in for the guy who was doing it until he got burned real bad...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    replied to Which plasma too buy?
    cruizer is right, if I have to wait for parts when my machine is down I'm not going to a happy camper because when your equipment is down that means your not makeing any money with it.

Like I said before I have used Hypertherm in all the places I've worked and never had any big issues...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    replied to Ever heard of this company?
    uhohjim I see your from Illinois, how far are you from Monmouth,Ill

I did some refer with a company out of Iowa for Con Agri at the meat packing plant about 10yrs ago. The company was called R.E.Lewis located in Dubuqe
    we traveld all over the US with a 4-5 man crew doing installs,repair,demo...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    Come to think of it I do have several pairs of the Black Stallion tig gloves but they are different then the ones I saw at the lws.

The ones they had were black leather with a mesh on top of the hand and thicker kind of like the blue metal working gloves from Miller, but like I said I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    Yes he did actually! I think it was $2.oo more pr hr and also got the leadman spot from the other guy he had hired for it that was also his buddy, to bad for himbut good for me.

I worked for him another 2 1/2yrs after that ordeal, so it worked out that time, but I would not suggest...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• safetydave
    ha,ha,ha, your a funny guy to boot, yeah an old boss told me one time I was a cockey a$$ welder and I told him he was just a short fat guy who didn't know how to weld but bragged about all the stuff he thought he welded and coudn't.

Not a popular thing to say to the boss...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X