6 results in 0.0056 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• boardmanr
    started a topic welding on MURIATIC ACID

welding on MURIATIC ACID

MY question is if the muriatic acid is not completely washed of by rain or washing what are/will be the results and how harmful is it? Some stuff i am working on have been washed in the acid to make it rust for blasting and before welding which is stupid i know but not my call in that..i have welding...
    See more | Go to post

• boardmanr
    replied to need help with pinholes in weld
    RE:to iron

well lets start by saying sorry for my typo ok you can't go to high with .035 wire so you tell me what is to hot to weld .035 i've run as hot as30 - 32 volts or if you want in amps well over 250 amps close to 300 so you tell me what is hot to weld .035 wire seems i'm not...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• boardmanr
    Re: to this is a hard one

i disagree with iron he is all wrong in everything he said and sorry iron you are. Field welding is different than fab shop welding, but will agree that paint and galv is hard as heck to weld on for the most expert of welder, but i bet 20 dollars that the coolant...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• boardmanr
    Oil on Caps

I agree with PL that the cutting oil/coolant is the culprit. if after cleaning the parts before tacking them together and you still have this problem then you are sucking air into the sheild gas mixture and that could be due to a worn out nozzel and need a new one to bad o-ring...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• boardmanr
    pinholes in endcaps of tubes

if the end caps that go on the end of the tubes have been plasma cut by an auto plasma or oxy/accet. torch or even machined by a cnc the coolant will also cause this,the cut edges need to be cleaned back to bare metal and any mill scale/paint removed if not...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by boardmanr; 10-20-2007, 02:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• boardmanr
    started a topic sheild gas for weldin aluminum?

sheild gas for weldin aluminum?

ok...i've was trained to use 100% argon or 75 argon and 25 helium to tig weld and mig weld aluminum but i seen on another site won't say who but they say to use 75 helium and 25 argon...which helium is a hotter burning gas.. and is light but my ? are they right is that the right mixture to mig and tig...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X