No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
131 results in 0.0615 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I like the free wheeling nature of one, or a few catagories, why in the world ANYONE would need the level of specialization diplayed over at the Hobart Board is beyond me. I have to believe the level of participation over there will fall with such needless complication. I also question why? Just because...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Manny
    replied to Passport play
    I've got a Passport too, got it for the most welding capability on 110v as my fuse box is maxed out with no roon for another circuit and the cost to upgrade isn't cheap. The ability to switch to 220v when available is another huge plus as is the compact size, easy portability and convenience of the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Manny
    replied to Help with wire feed problem
    I had the same problem with my Passport last winter, got condensation on the wire with resulting corrosion. Changed out the wire, still no good, so I then changed the liner and was back in business. Get a new spool of wire, the bigger spool would be my recomendation, and if that doesn't work, swap the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Manny
    replied to DVI being discontinued??
    If you're like me and don't have any more room in the electric panal to add another circuit for 220 to the garage, and running an extension cord from the drier to the garage is a major PITA, but do have 110 available, the DVI and Passport (my choice) make a lot of sense. Much of what I weld can be...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Manny
    replied to Passport or Maxstar 150?
    Strong +1 here for the Passport if you're a newbie welder. Super easy to use and produce great results even with little experiance. The combo of Passport and Miller BWE auto dark helmet makes welding a pure pleasure.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Manny
    replied to New small mig
    I spent the extra for a Passport and don't regret a cent. Very handy, welds super on 110 and co2 and still gives the option of using other gases and plugging into 220 for more juice. It really gives you two machines in one. If it was gone tomorrow I'd replace it without a second thought towards anything...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Manny
    replied to saying good by to a great man
    A man able to appreciate a fine femine posterior at 98 is a man to be emulated. Seems like he also did a fine job helping his grandson grow into a good man who can carry on the line. Celebrate the life he lived and legacy he left.
    Best Wishes to you and your family,
    Manny
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'm waiting on some owed money to come in and then I'll have one. $1185 with the extreme case from B&R, over $200 less than my lws was willing to do.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Manny
    replied to Finally chose a welder...i think
    Space limitations are another reason I love the Passport, don't know if you read the story Miller ran on the NASCAR teams earlier this year but Roush racing had a neat idea where they mounted them up in the air to save space.

http://www.millerwelds.com/education...es/images/IMG_...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Manny
    A great mechanic I worked with had a saying "Buy the best the first time and cry once." Unless you're very lucky you're not going to make money selling tools, it'll always cost you. Yes if you can make money with it, it can finance your next step up, but doesn't sound like you want to excercise...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Manny
    The more efficient invertor based Passport will legitimatly weld to 1/4" on 110 power, something no regular 110 mig should be used for, though some do. That's not even considering the fact that it has even more capabiltiy should you gain access to 220 at some point. A Passport has enough juice...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Manny
    Based on your desribed situation and needs, YES!!!!

You will most likely get far more use out of a mig than a tig, besides you already have a scratch start set up. The Passport has much more capability than a regular 110 mig, is much more portable, works great on cheap and easily available...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The pluses of the X-treme outweigh extra cost in my view, though that probably isn't the case in many others situations. This and my Passport will give me great capability that will work anywhere I can get 110 power and that I can easily move in my VW's trunk. Plus take up minimal room in my already...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Over by Youngstown, NE corner of the state, where about ya'll??...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• When are the 375 Extreme plasmas going on sale?

Keep looking for them at Cyberweld & B&R, also google to check for any info and get nothing. Very interested in getting one, but my LWS doesn't deal and likes TD plasmas over Miller anyway. Are they still on the way or have they run into some glitch?
    Manny
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X