•  

• Rocky D
    replied to welding chair
    This one saved my butt many a time.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to titanium tig welding?
    I agree with Kerry, it's the company that will certify you to their spec...it is the primary contractor or customer that requires the specific cert. Ti certs are easy to pass...it's my favorite of all metals to weld. I have a few tricks that aren't in the books, too if you're interested.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to Rescuing a Scotchman
    I had one of those in my shop...it's definitely worth it's weight in gold! A great time saver!
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Rocky D; 02-23-2008, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to Fuel tank repair?
    I would discourage the car exhaust theory...if you have a missing plug, or running rich, you are dumping a a gas rich mixture into the exhaust, in the old days, we used to put a spark plug in the exhaust and watch it shoot flames out the exhaust pipe when we energized the plug. You can use dry...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OK, it's do-able...but this is not how to get someone to do it. You need to approach a job shop in your area for this. You will need an engineer/weldor preferable...someone with CAD experience as well as welding experience, and someone with possible with jig and fixture experience. Unfortunately, I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I see you are in Florida...is this something you want a person to come into your shop, and weld them, with or without welding equipment? Are the parts already cut and bent ready for assembly, and you have tooling and jigs, or do you want someone to provide you chassis assembled and welded with your...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to **Forum Merge Updates**
    Sure looks like you're following in Hobart's footsteps...they had three categories for years, before they changed...their categories made sense EQUIPMENT, PROJECTS, and PROCESSES. I suggest you give those categories hard consideration before you switch over.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to Upcoming Project Challenge
    Monte has put in a lot of thought into this, and I agree with all except I think this should be a weldment....no additional wires, switches, etc. Just raw materials made into something useful. Things you can do with Miller equipment, and normal tools. Or you could add skill level to the categories...those...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to Small TIG Welds
    Copper plates formed to the shape needed to provide gas in the areas that would be affected by the welding process...to deliver the argon to the precise area, there will be a copper tube welded and there will be holes in it for the gas to flood the area needed...we use copper because it acts as a ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to Small TIG Welds
    I realize this is an old thread, but I didn't see anything about technique in producing small welds...we must do this in aircraft welding. In this project, I had to weld a 321 stainless fin .030" to an oil tank that was .035" thick, and have no penetration to the back side...I have never...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Rocky D; 12-12-2007, 09:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    Ymbawi

....when you comb your hair....there's more hair in the comb than on your head!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to Tri Mix of any use for Tig?
    Helium mixes generally are used for aluminum, on straight polarity, and no thinner than 3/8"...it creates a hotter arc and will punch through thicker aluminum. I would think that your mix is used for automatic welding aliminum.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to Tig Welders
    A good choice...you won't be sorry....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to Tig Sheilding gas
    For 3/16" angle, the method of choice for me would be MIG first, stick, second, and TIG last. Your will use more gas in TIG than the other methods...another factor in your TIG is the type of collet body or gas screen lens, on your torch. I run mine around 15cfh to 20cfh. Too much gas will cause...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rocky D
    replied to Looking for new projects
    Check out www.shopoutfitters.com
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X