9 results in 0.0046 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• hunter59
    started a topic 321 stainless

321 stainless

I am needing a starting suggestion for settings for welding up some 2" o.d. tubing 321 with .035 wall. All miter joints and some butt welds. I have a dynasty 350. I will be plugging and back purging. What size tungsten and what size wire. Thank you in advance.
    See more | Go to post

• hunter59
    replied to 350 P mig welder
    material is clean but not ground off, tips are good, and rolls not slipping. How do you do a factory reset? When I turn up the wire speed, I get lots of spatter. I am using .035 wire 75/25. Will the inductance setting matter much??
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hunter59
    replied to 350 P mig welder
    Thanks for responding.........I did just that but it does not want to start, it pushes back and spits terrible and it won't laydown a nice bead when it finally does start...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hunter59
    started a topic 350 P mig welder

350 P mig welder

I am trying to get a good weld on new 1/4 inch angle iron. I have set the machine on the recommended settings for 1/4 inch material but it doesn't want to start in the flat and is way cold. Can someone give me all the settings you would use on this application.
    See more | Go to post

• I want to thank you all for the advice, as it turns out I was not flowing enough argon. Simple as that......I had been up and down on the flow meter, but apparently not high enough. I am flowing 25 on the meter and all is well. Shiny welds and can control the speed no problem. Again thank you all.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by hunter59; 04-03-2013, 08:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Now that sound like a plan, more and more I'm thinking it is air contamination.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have been using a gas lens but went to small cup to access small areas, didn't make any difference on the outcome, and yes I am holding the cup over the weld and slowly backing off the amperage. I am not going to heat treat the part. I really wonder if it is something in my technique. I will get...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have not tried the ER80 yet, my fit up on most of the joints is perfect(milled with an endmill) my point on my tungsten is very sharp......I will try to get some pictures today, of the welds.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• hunter59
    started a topic Having trouble with 4130 tubing

Having trouble with 4130 tubing

I'm having a terrible time with welding 4130 tubing, I have a Dynasty 350, I am welding 1.25 .095 wall 4130, I have cleaned it with a die grinder with a red scotchbrite pad, then wiped them with acetone. I am using about 90-100 amps, 3/32 2% with ER70S6 1/16 rod, 15 on the argon...........every weld...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X