37 results in 0.0169 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• PLWeld
    started a topic I'm looking for some part time help

I'm looking for some part time help

Hey all, this is Larry with Myers MetalKraft LLC here in Oklahoma City, Ok. If any of you out there know anyone that is looking for welding/fabricating work, I am needing someone. Experience with various metals both welding and fabricating a must. If ya'll know of anyone, please have them contact...
    See more | Go to post

• Gapping it

Ya, I'll gap it slightly. Just want it to turn out "pretty" with the materials the individual gave me to work with. He didn't want to buy new (can't blame him) and already had the 2"x2". It's just a small firewood rack, just don't want it all fubar......ya...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks old sporty

That's what I was originally thinking, hopefully that will work well, just wasn't sure if there was any other contraptions out there. I'll just go with that. Thank you
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLWeld
    started a topic need to splice some 2"x2" sq tube

need to splice some 2"x2" sq tube

Hey guys/gals,
    I've got a project going that I need to splice some square tube (2"x2", 14 ga.) and wanted to know any ideas out there to clamp/secure the two pieces end to end and weld without (or with minimal) distortion. Any clamping ideas? Thanks ahead for the help.
    See more | Go to post

• PLWeld
    replied to Good News !!
    Good for you

Norm, Great to hear that, man. See, like everyone said, keep your head up, it'll work out! Now........go do some welding!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLWeld
    replied to The End Is Near !!
    The work will come

Norm, Earlier in the post you mentioned sending out flyers, business cards, etc.... Now give it some time and the work will start coming in, slowly, but surely! Also, don't just stop doing this, always talk to everyone you come across, regardless if it's welding...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks all

Miller Kevin, I'm welding mostly 1/8", nothing thicker than 3/16". I'll check that liner as well. Thanks for all your input, hopefully, these tips will solve the burn back.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• drive rolls......mmm

Tip is good, no burn back control, however did not check the drive roll tension. I'll check that and see if that solves the problem....thanks for the thought
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLWeld
    replied to do it like it says!!
    Holy crap, rudeness

Welcome, 2tay530! I think it's awesome you are interested in this type of stuff..........instead of out running the streets acting like a hoodlum! Don't let anyone steer you away from your interests, no matter who it is! My son is 12 yrs old and can weld/fabricate...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HELP! Aluminum spoolmate 100 burning back at the tip

My aluminum spoolmate 100 spool gun (connected to MM180 AS) has been burning back at the tip and ruining my tips. It had not been doing this consistently until recently. I can usually blame this on "operator error" and figure it out on my own, but I've gone back to basics to make sure it's...
    See more | Go to post

• PLWeld
    replied to Civility
    I agree!! H80N, well stated.

If I had the time, I could definately shuffle through some of the posts on here and find the sarcasm, rudeness and otherwise crude remarks that I have seen and have always felt that they are uncalled for!

A quick story: I did a mobile...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLWeld
    replied to .120 Mild Steel Tubing Help
    Hey guys, I guess I should pay attention the the previous posts before opening my big mouth. Somewhere in here........... I lost the part where we were talking about .120 wall thickness, oops. Sorry bout that. I'll pay more attention next time before I open mouth, insert foot. I really thought...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLWeld
    replied to .120 Mild Steel Tubing Help
    Push or Pull as apposed to burn through

KarateBoy,
    I wanted to try and help clarify this burn through discussion. If you think about burn through, at what point of the weld bead does burn through take place? At the puddle, right? So, Sundowner is right. If you are using a pull...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLWeld
    replied to broken Vice !! need help!!
    Definately repair it!

Like the other suggestions, prep it for weld, pre-heat (about 4-500....ish degrees), weld it, post heat until cools slowly. again, ni99 works well. Good luck with it
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLWeld
    replied to Business database??
    Thanks Jonnymag!

Hey man, thanks for the help on this! I'll take a look at the three you suggested. I think I heard a commercial the other day for the Quickbooks, I just couldn't remember the name of it. Thank you
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X