Collapse
51 results in 0.1858 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Mm135

BobO

Miller Kevin is right. The same thing happened on my MM 135 it was the gun hose crimp thingy. I replaced the gun, it was in rough shape anyway. I don't replace the liner very often, usually only if I mash the whip with something heavy, or it is not feeding properly....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pthunberg
    replied to Miller's new Tig
    I just received the book and DVD. The book is right for the target audience. I like that it does not say “read this book and you can build anything” it is a good introduction to TIG. The DVD shows TIG in action, makes me want to go out and TIG something. Anyway like I said on the survey, add stick,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pthunberg
    replied to Zinc Oxide primer for Steel
    I use the Pittsburg brand zinc oxide. Don’t have to thin it with regular spray rig but it does stink, a lot wear a respirator with charcoal filter. As for matching galvanized finishes I use rusto cold galv on old or dark galvanized and on new or bright galvanized I just over coat it with silver rusto....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I know it’s not in your area but I just got back from the Hobart Weld Inspection class, well worth the travel.

Paul
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pthunberg
    replied to Syncro 200 tig problem I think
    yup Craig is right, my 180 would do that every so often. i just tuched Tung to the work with the power off. somtimes a small arc would jump to the work somtimes not.

Paul
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Also check that the ground in the wall recp is hooked to the same spade as the green on the plug.

paul
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sounds like you have a 220v single phase service. For this service you do not use the red wire. Just tape it back it is used for 3 phase only. You said your wall plug is 220v 50amp. If it is just hook up the white wire to one “hot” terminal and the black to the other. You were right about the ground...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pthunberg
    replied to millermatic 130
    That $1200 included the co2 tank, regulator and the Miller cart. The cart gave up long ago.

Paul
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pthunberg
    replied to millermatic 130
    It’s a great small 110v machine. I paid around $1200.00 new in 2001 and have used it hard since then with no problems. I weld up to 1/8” steel with it, any thicker and you just do not have enough heat. It will not reliably feed aluminum or have enough power to run a spool gun. For sheet metal and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have the 375 and I love it. Of course my previous experience was with a much older machine that was not very reliable and used up consumables like they were free. I almost always cut with a standoff and get fair cuts; it beats the old machine hands down and works much better than the torch. I regularly...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pthunberg
    replied to Help With 375 Plasma Cutter
    I have the same machine. Check your ground, if it is not good it will cut like you describe. Also the air has to be really dry and clean. Look at underside as you cut the sparks should be coming out just slightly behind the cut if your travel speed is good. I set the heat control at the lowest setting...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pthunberg
    replied to Dynasty 200 DX Crazy Cart
    Very nice!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pthunberg
    replied to New and Thankful
    Welcome aboard I am still new also. Your Machinist experience will be a welcome addition to the board. Lots of great reading and information to be had.

Paul
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pthunberg
    replied to Paint Prep
    I have been using the Rustolum Hard hat brand or Rustolum industrial coatings for several years. They dry faster than the standard Rustolum and are thinned with Acetone or xylean which makes them flash off even faster. Since I have to paint most things outside faster drying keeps the bugs from sticking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pthunberg
    replied to Power caster
    That’s awesome. A very simple solution. I really like the way you handled adjusting the chain tension. Using the 2 flat bars eliminates having to cut slots in a plate. I can think of lots of places that would have saved work.

Paul
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X