Search Result

Collapse
10 results in 0.0102 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• holsters
    replied to Anybody have a need for this?
    1) Remember that a generator does not have an "earth ground". The "ground" and the neutral ARE THE SAME. Unless you drive a ground rod and connect the neutral there IS NO GROUND. If you think that because you have a 3 wire 120v receptical on your generator and a three three prong...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• holsters
    replied to Anybody have a need for this?
    No big deal. If he put the ground wire (green) on the groung lug (green) and capped the neutral it will work fine. If your equipment is 3 wire why screw with a pigtail that can get lost or left behind. Do it right. If you don't know how, hire an electrician.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• holsters
    replied to Need Help With Brass
    My choices would be:

1) Low temp flux coated silver, a little pricey, but strong as all get out and flows like water.

or

2) Brush and flux the treads and use plain old 50/50 solder(or 80/20, or 90/10 or 95/5, whatever) and sweat it just like copper plumbing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Here are a few of mine.

I'm just a hobby weldor. Mostly self taught. I only have a torch and a little Thunderbolt so the thin stuff is all gas welded. Gas is slow, but I enjoy it. Maybe someday I'll get a mig, but can't justify the expence for now.

The work bench tops...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• holsters
    replied to Electric Question
    My first career was as an industrial and commercial electrician. If the dryer receptical was all I had; that's exactly how I would do it. How ever, if access to the panel wasn't too much hassle, I would make a dedicated welder outlet. Perhaps a local electrician would trade out the work for some welding....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• holsters
    replied to weld shop
    Weren't me, although I entered at least a dozen times. I never win anything, but I always enter. Someone has to win; right?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• holsters
    replied to golf cart rack
    Very nice, although around here we say."Know why New Mexico is so dry? Texas sucks."

Along those same lines, when I was ski patrolling in Red River many years ago I skied past a very long lift line. A native said very loudly. "If God wanted Texans to ski He would have given...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• holsters
    replied to No twist on steel frames
    Hello Star. I'm in Bosque too. Where are you located.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Goodhand,

Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about front front brake rotors. We use F350 and E350 ambulances, the cast iron rotors are monsters. They weigh about twice what the wheel weighs. I'll try to make the time to snap a few photos, but the method is quite simple.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Just a quick tip.
    When I use old wheels for tool stands I weld an old rotor in them. Working for a large ambulance company I have easy access to damaged ambulance wheels and worn out rotors. Just set the rotor on a 2X4, set the wheel on it, slice the studs off flush with the wheel and weld the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X