Collapse
13 results in 0.0085 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• tbird
    replied to Small Bible stand
    That's pretty neat, the scrollwork looks "factory"!

'bird
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbird
    replied to Building gas tank
    Depends on how big ya want it but if you're goin' for 15-20 gallons then 1/8" sheet aluminum should do fine. Plan it out thoroughly such as deciding if you want baffles or a foam insert, and where and what style of sump you want.

'bird
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've got access locally to all kinds of trinkets that could be used as bolt-bars etc such as stainless roundbar and other things. As far as an inner box goes, it's in the plan and was gonna use sheetrock between the two. Can't go the weight route because of the final location, doubt the floor would...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbird
    replied to Helped a buddy learn a liitle MIG!
    MIG-ateur, welcome to the boards, you're gonna love it here. Whatcha got so far looks great!

'bird

ps: please notice I made no mention about you bein' from Texas and your instructor's from Oklahoma, nor did I mention to not learn anything from him about football...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• By the way, I'm gonna try to talk the boss out've sumthin' I spotted behind one of the racks. Looks like a door or tabletop, 3'x7' with a 1" folded edge. I figure I could split it down the middle and make the outer shell and front edges from this piece. It would measure 5' tall x 2' wide and be...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Man, if I saw the inside of that old safe door in person I'd probably drag me up a chair and just sit there and stare at it til the cows came home. Absolutely spellbinding, can you imagine the factory that puppy was built in? How about delivering it to the new owner? Yikes!
    Then again, bet the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Oh, we just HAD to bring THAT up
    (Very good point though)

Any pics of the bolt system would be a tremendous help. Wasn't gonna attempt them because I googled for awhile and didn't find any pics, not sure what I was doin' wrong so go ahead and post 'em if ya don't mind....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Multiple welds in headers are "cool" so keep in mind that you can always use fittings for the el section. As far as 16ga, it might be the best thickness to use due to expansion/contraction issues. Thicker gauges will be stronger but won't "give".

'bird...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbird
    started a topic Lots of spare 10ga stainless - gun safe?

Lots of spare 10ga stainless - gun safe?

Always throwin' away chunks of 10ga stainless, any ideas on some plans for a gun safe? Thought I saw it mentioned and did a search on several boards but no luck yet. Don't really feel like shellin' out 30-40 bucks for plans, any suggestions?

Thinkin' about a horizontal safe, double wall...
    See more | Go to post

• tbird
    replied to Dynasty 300DX - advice/tips???
    Well, I'm gonna lean on 'em hard to get that particular machine. The quality it's capable of should assure them plenty of satisfied and also return customers.

Thanks for checkin' out my page, got gobs of new pics but just haven't sat down (in almost 3 years) and updated everything. Lookin'...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbird
    started a topic Dynasty 300DX - advice/tips???

Dynasty 300DX - advice/tips???

New job/new shop, they asked what machine would best serve their purposes when it came to 10ga aluminum (some 16ga up to 1/4" here and there). I said the 300DX would really shine on the sheetmetal they want it used on. Shop foreman walked up yesterday and told me we're pickin' it up on Monday...
    See more | Go to post

• Again, not tryin' to be a horse's youknowhat but you'd laff at some of the things I see come through our shop. BBQ pits are a popular (duh, we ARE in Texas LOL!) and lots of times they're wantin' to build 'em out've 18ga. to keep it "cheap". Lately, because RITA decided to rearrange Beaumont...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Just a side note...keep in mind where you're gonna be goin' with your trailer and the environment it'll encounter. No sense in doin' all that work only to watch your new trailer bouncin' around in the rearview because of cheapo tires that just self-destructed. Leave the passenger car tires on the car,...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by tbird; 12-09-2005, 06:25 AM. Reason: spellin'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X