Collapse
19 results in 0.0091 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to Vehicle Anti Theft
    Appreciate the input. I guess until we start hanging car thieves, like we used to hang horse thieves.......

If I come up with something interesting I'll post it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    started a topic Vehicle Anti Theft

Vehicle Anti Theft

Am looking for ideas, plans, suggestions of a device I can fab up to discourage some thief from stealing my vehicle.

Thie device will be in addition to other commercial devices I already have. The idea is to build something the thief hasn't seen before and is not prepared to defeat....
    See more | Go to post

• Kind of helps restore my faith in humanity which has been sagging of late.

Well done.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to B!tch!ng About My Boss
    Perhaps you could have him demonstrate to you and the rest of the shop how to cut with the plasma, without air, and then weld aluminum with the maxstar????
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to Noobie help 1/8 steel
    Have to concur with others. Looks like a little more voltage, "heat" or "push" is what you are looking for. Tall beads can be due to lower than required voltage and/or speed of weld. Looks like you were getting the idea on the furthest bead to the right on the "better1"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to Welding heavy plate
    Stick welding die? I certainly hope not.

A guy I know runs a structural steel shop. All their procedures are written for stick. It is "what they know" and "what they have always done". Interesting point here is the salesman comes by and talks him into buying...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    Ymbawi

When working out at the gym, you spend more time examining the welds on the gym equipment than you do actually using the equipment.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Man Dabar you are a buddy to do all that work correcting that mess.

It boggles the mind that someone would generate something like that, and let it go down the road. Agree with others that whoever did that work needs reigning in. The term negligence comes to mind.

It...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    YMBAWI - Your neighbors mention they won't call the zoning enforcement if you fix their gate or whatever.

YMBAWI - The wife claims you smell like metal and are not allowed in the bed until you shower first.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to Pipeliner's Rig BBQ Pit
    Now this is my kind of post. Absolutely doggone right. As long as one has fun designing it, scrounging materials, building it, cooking up some tasty meat, drinking a few beverages, and showing it off to friends and anyone else who will listen.........who cares what it looks like.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to newbie
    Welcome weekend! New to the board myself and like you have been a weekend welder for about a year now. I had a blue machine but now have a red machine. The price was right (free)

Sounds like you'll have a good heavy table to work on. I too have considered your idea for drilling/threading...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to Torch hose reel
    I tend to agree. I have arrestors at the regulators and the torch. I view it as a belt and suspenders kind of thing.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to which one is better?
    Never used propylene but my LWS had some literature about it last time I was in. While I can't find the literature at this time my recollection was that correct hose was required (as mentioned by others) and perhaps tips although I'm fuzzy on this.

The literature was very strong on added...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to Question for Gate builders
    There is alot of 16ga stuff around where I live and IMHO this is fine for pickets but not so good for frames. Especially at the width you are working at.

When the neighbors noticed I was doing some welding it seems they all had a gate that needed repair. Agree with others that thicker...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewMexSmoke
    replied to Is is galvanized?
    Working on the pictures Bert. Can't find the darn digital camera.

Ran the test fire and seasoning yesterday for a good 3 hours at 300-350 degrees. All went well pretty well. I was pleased to find that it was easy to maintain that temp with only 1 load of charcoal. I've...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X