Search Result

Collapse
11 results in 0.0085 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Eddie Paul

I personally have not read either of those books, but I do know that the work that Eddie Paul does and has done for many years is truely amazing. Check out his website to see some of the project both past and present.

http://www.epindustries.com/
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Placek05
    replied to Hardening Metal
    Heat Treatment

I have to agree with the previous posts in regards to the addition of transmission fluid to motor oil for hardening. In my personal experience, straight motor oil can and probably will ignite due to the flash point of oil. I am not a chemist however the addition of transmission...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I took a good look at it and started to trace the wires from the terminals as well as from the front receptical. I couldn't find any power. I kept following the lines back to the circuit board and then lost it there. I did check for power at the terminals where the brushes make contact, and found...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I will definately look at it and see what progress I can make on it tonight. Hopefully it is nothing major. I am just hoping that it is a loose wire or one that needs replacing...

Thanks,
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Engine Driven Welder Won't Strike an Ark

Afternoon All,

I have an AEAD200LE Engine Driven welder and was doing some tinkering this weekend when I noticed that my ark was jumping around a little. I figured it was because of the magnetism of the drill stem I was welding. Shut it down for a bit while I setup for my next weld....
    See more | Go to post

• Placek05
    replied to About the pigmy goat
    Fainting goats

Well I will have to agree, they are great little animals. I have 4 fainting goats (3 does and 1 buck) and a boer doe. I must say the funniest thing I ever saw was watching them go down the slide of a childs swing set. Not one of those metal ones, but the large castle...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Placek05
    replied to Informal Introduction
    True, there is. We work on the T-56 engines. They are the mostly from the c-130 fleet, however we do get on occasion some from the P-3 fleet.

It is actually quite an experience working here seing all of the different types of repairs that are done, sometimes often amazing to see what...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Placek05
    started a topic Informal Introduction

Informal Introduction

Hello All,

I have been lurking around here for quite some time, pulling all sorts of ideas and getting a lot of questions answered before I even asked. Thanks to all of you for that.

I am an engineer by trade and education. I have been working in the aviation MRO (Maintence,...
    See more | Go to post

• Placek05
    replied to welding shop
    Welding Shop

Migman, don't be discouraged, I have had many questions in the past and a few in the present that show my ignorance to welding. I work in a aircraft overhaul shop with guys that weld everything from Magnesium, aluminum to stainless steel.

Believe me, this...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Placek05
    replied to Miller Aead-200le
    Aead 200le

I would concur with the other posts, one receptical shuts off while at welding (high idle). I have not posted too much here, but I have been lurking around for quite a while. There is plenty of great info and ideas here. Thanks to all of you for your great posts.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Placek05
    replied to TIG with a "Cracker Box"
    Cracker Box TIG

I too am interested in this. I have an AEAD 200LE engine driven welder and was wondering if it is possible to retrofit this with a TIG setup for welding thinner materials.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X