6 results in 0.0052 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• snackers
    replied to Help On Finishing Metal
    Patina

You could also get the look your after by applying a metal patina. Do a web seach and you'll find suppliers for the stuff. They have heat reactive finishes avaliable, but they also have colors you just rub on the steel with a rag or sponge. Check out metallicfinishes.com Hope this...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• snackers
    replied to Price of steel
    way high!

I work for a structural steel company 20 miles outside of Philadelphia, so I know prices are high here. Our wholesale cost is anywhere from .50-.65 cent per pound right now. Of course we are buying it by the truck load, but the prices you stated are crazy, even in small quantity....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• snackers
    replied to New Business Tools?
    Business tools...

I would have to say that some of the most important would be locating suppliers who are willing to work with small businesses and also the bidding/cost end of it as it relates to different areas in the country. Not only regionaly, but also city/suburbs/rural within those...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• snackers
    replied to anybody do any guard rail work?
    Best of luck...

Welder-one, Sounds like you have a good jump on it, best of luck on the job and be sure to keep us updated on your progress. I was really shocked at the price differences in materials and labor between our areas. I'll get some pics of railing we are doing in the shop this...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• snackers
    not to beat a dead horse, but...

I ran this past three very experienced guys, including two estimators over the last few days, here's what I got. In our area (Philadelphia PA) that job would have been bid around $340,000.00, or aprox. $80.00 per foot installed. Mabye you can get cheaper...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• snackers
    Not trying to rain on your parade, but at $58,000 that works out to about $12 per foot. Just seems too cheap to me for your time and material.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X