Collapse
5 results in 0.0068 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• nails79
    replied to tig welding sheet metal
    thanks for the replys guys, i am using a synchrowave 200 which i believe has the square wave technology. i am having better luck today, switched to a 1/16" 2% tungsten with a 1/2" cup, and i am using .040" filler rod and i am now seeing the puddle better. on the 22 gauge i have the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nails79
    the tungsten is 2% thor......(however you spell it) red, argon set at 20cfh, the electrode is approx 1/8"-3/8" away from the work piece, the tungsten is sharpened to a pencil like point on a gringing wheel i have that is only used for the tungsten. i believe it is my ground, i grinded and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nails79
    thanks for all the replys, what i am noticing now is mostof the burn through occurs when my torch starts having an erratic arc. the torch begins to pop like a machine gun??? all the metal is clean, clean tungsten, good ground, what causes this? thanks.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nails79
    the holes i am trying to fill with just filler rod are 1/4"-1'2". anything bigger i am cutting new metal and attempting to weld in. what should the gas be set at? i will definitely try a piece of copper behind the welds. thanks
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nails79
    started a topic tig welding sheet metal

tig welding sheet metal

hi everyone new to the forums and new to tig. i have a new synchrowave 200 and i am currently attempting to fill the holes in the sheetmetal fire wall in my car. the gauges range from 18-22. i have adjusted the amps from 10 to 35, tried the pulse feature (no luck??), im using 2% tungsten size .040,...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X