Collapse
500 results in 0.1642 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• welder_one
    replied to Best welder in the world
    had a kid come out last week and put in a application, claimed to be a danged good weldor if not the best ive ever seen..... (first mistake) he also claimed to be able to read print and estimate jobs faster and better than my estimator (me) (second mistake)

so, i did the only thing i...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied to Stick Electrode Smackdown
    too much room for human err on this test... a hammer? should be hydraulic or charpy or some other type of controlled dt test. i didnt watch the vid cause i dont feel like wasting my bandwidth on it... jsfab has it right, you cant possibly think that running all 4 types of rods on the same amperage settings...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied to pulse mig aluminum
    I've not used that set up, but I've tried pulse using a 350p and push pull for aluminum. I REALLY didn't like the pulsing, I'm kinda a firm believer that pulse is a crutch for people that can't make pretty welds to lean on. Just my opinion.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied to Recommendations
    I have a couple of the new thermadyne 252i machines. I like em pretty good. Just please stay away from the longevity (pronounced shortgevity) or everlast (pronounced neverlast) machines.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied to How many Amp's to Weld
    Preheat and keeping the parts hot is gonna be the key for you. If you're trying to tig, you're gonna beat your face for all the melted tig torches.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 200 amps on 1/4 inch aluminum is about where I start. You REALLY should consider mig process. Me personally, anything over a quarter gets mig.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I see what you're saying. I don't know if striking arc is dialing one up slowly, but at 300 plus amps with jet rods, she never checked up. Again, I've never run one with the kubota diesel, so I can't compare. I know of one other shop local to me that's running the 300 and he also is running the cat....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cruiser, you might have run into a junk motor. I've run to 375 amps and it never tried to die or even stutter. It pooted a lil black smoke and rolled on. I've burned up a couple 300d's doing the same thing, tho. I'm sure you remember that thread from a couple years ago.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• i buy Simonds brand blades my saw uses 82x3/4 and they cost me around 30 bucks a blade... call em up, they have em ready in about an hour... as mentioned earlier, if you let the blade do what its sposed to, proper down feed and all, the blades will last a long time, you start getting goofy and they...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• i have an '07 model pro300 with the perkins (cat) motor... ive run several hundred pounds of 3/16 jet rods and 1/4 7018's outta it and never a minutes problems... the machine now has close to 6000 hours on it and all ive ever done is service the machine... heck, its still running the factory fan belt......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• granite would be a neat idea, aluminum, not so much..... here is the reason why.... aluminum is affected by heat, more so than steel.... while it may be dead nuts flat, as you weld your frames together, the aluminum can and will draw from the heat input of you welding part on top of it..... trust me,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• thing about a hole saw and a hand drill, if the pilot bit cant hold the saw steady (from walking around) you wont ever drill a hole with a hole saw through that heavy of material.... you cant really even use an annular cutter for that either..... best bet, buy/ borrow a torch or plasma cutter, steady...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied to Sharpened stick electrode?
    lmao!!! i carry 1/8 er70s-2 tig filler in the truck so i dont have to waste tons of time "kicking" the flux.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied to cutting aluminum
    or, just squirt some wd-40 on the blade and cut to your hearts content..... can even use a carbide tipped router bit to cut and shape aluminum..... skil-saw with a min of 40tooth blade, zip discs, band saw, router, table saw.... it really doesnt matter what method ya use, just lube the blade and you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wronghand said it best.... its ac and it is what it is.... you can try for a closer ground, but if you or any part of what youre wearing can conduct electricity, its gonna and you'll feel it. dry gloves, sleeves, EH work shoes and even then you can still get bitten.... heck, if i had a nickel for everytime...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X