Collapse
112 results in 0.0273 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

replied to Deer stands
    Congratulations !!!!

Looks like some tender meat there. Still waiting for a picture of the stand : )
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to Ground Fault Electrical Help
    Sometimes extension cords can introduce enough inductance to interfere with the proper operation of the GFI causing nuisance tripping. Two things you can do to help with this problem is use the shortest extension cord you can get by with, and do not have any of it coiled. Spread the extension cord...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I want to thank you guys for the good information. All my questions have been answered, and I have learned much more on top of that.

For many years I have been able to grab a stinger and stick two pieces of metal together, but it wasn't until I retired and bought a couple of welders that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sorry Sundown. Somehow I missed you longer post - I guess it was kinda late posting for an old man like me. I do have a question for you. I have never tried the mig welding with a spool gun, something I plan to do soon since I just bought some AL wire, and recently acquired a spool gun. My question...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to Deer stands
    Deer season came in two days ago in our region of SC. I haven't seen anybody hunting yet. Maybe it is because it had been in the 90's both days. I think everybody is scared they might have to drag one out of the woods in the heat
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Your problem will lie somewhere within the things Jon gave you to look at. But even if you had cleaned this to perfection and had good argon flow, looking at what you are welding it is like Jon said ... 100 amps is not enough tuna for the shark.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

I meant to tell you that you do not have to worry about your wire feeding your sub panel as being the problem. A GFI breaker only protects ( trips ) on faults resulting from what is plugged into it or downstream wiring or loads. As long as you have the correct voltage in the panel feeding the line side...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

If you haven't found the problem yet then disconnect all the receptacles down stream from the first ( GFI) receptacle by disconnecting the load side of the GFI. With all the other receptacles disconnected if the GFI won't reset then you either have the GFI wired incorrectly or you have a bad GFI receptacle....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to Deer stands
    This is an idea for a climber. It was mentioned above about using round tube. We made a few climbing stands our of EMT electrical conduit. It is light and strong. You have to be fairly proficient to weld it because it is thin but it makes a good stand. The next lower size usually slides well into the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to Help choosing welder
    That is what I did and I got my check from Miller last week. Be patient it will take a few weeks to get the check. Seems like mine was going on the fourth week, but they tell you that to begin with. I really like my 211 but haven't tried the spool gun yet. I can't afford the aluminum : )
    I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to mm 211 and spoolmate 100
    This is the first time I have ever read a negative post on a Miller 211. I did like you did and bought the 211 and the spool gun to get the rebate, but haven't even opened the box on the spool gun yet. If I had some wire I would measure the wire speed at max and tell you what it is. According to the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Use 6013 electrode negative. I think this is the best you can do for thin material with a stick welder.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to Horsebox axle placement
    Chris,

I have a horse trailer that pulls very well. I may get to my daughters this week which is where the trailer is kept. I will measure and tell you where the axle is located. If there were no horses you would want to put the axle where 60 percent of the weight was in the front and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to Where is James? AKA Fun4now
    James,
    Before you go A W O L again you need to let us know what's up. People worry about you.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to New type of fishing
    I can't believe he made something that beautiful without an Auto Darkening helmet.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X