Collapse
16 results in 0.0069 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Smokey_
    replied to uphill welding
    6010 are celuslose coated and dont need to be in oven at all unless really really humid enviroment. The prolem is the low nigtorgen rods, ie: 7018. flux is made from lime and if nitrogen(found in air) gets into rod then it will contaminate the weld and it might not cause problems right aways but...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    replied to Tig Aluminum/prep
    Not just any metal brush though, it has to made from aluminum or stainlesss and only use it on alumiunum. I also wouldnt recomend using WD40 got to be right up there with the worst things to use, there ares some commercial cleaners but unless this is a big time project or operation you got going i...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    replied to Welding Helmet ?
    yeah the 4 sensors are great, never get arced and u really notice it when u watch someone else weld as will go dark/light all the time depending if the arc is totatlly visalbe but never do u get arced. The sensitivey adjustments are ace on the miller elites as well, u can set it up for any condition....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    replied to Even more scary stuff to look at.
    those are some fine welding skills, think im going to ask for a raise tommorow.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    replied to Tig Aluminum/prep
    ah as much as i like welding, one thing i dont enjoy doing is tigging aluminum. I like to do it with mig although dont breath in too many fumes as really not good for ur brain. As far as i know u need to use either a stainless steel brush or a aluminum to gurantee no contamination.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    replied to uphill welding
    well above poster is right if u can master vertical up stick u should be able to learn any kinda welding.

Now with the mig vertical up u need to set up ur machine to run low, not sure but some call it short circuit welding(some dont) set ur settings at 175 wire speed and around...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    replied to need help with stick welding up.
    well this is the hardest positon to do in SMAW is vertical up. 7018 1/8 imo is the best to learn with some metal tee's. U need to do a small weave in corner just moving over barly to each side until u see the puddle of metal (not flux) on side of ur rod then move quick over to other side and repeat....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    replied to Welding Helmet ?
    well i have to say that speedglass makes nice helmets, athough i wouldnt say that there any better than my miller elite. I tried both out b4 i bought my helmet and liked the miller better. Honestly i think that all the top brands are equally good, just make sure u get the big screen as that makes...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    replied to Mig Nozzle
    yeah i think mig pliars are the way to go. I have the kind that bend out on 45degree at end so u can pry it into nozzle and pop splatter out. Also if u find that u are getting excessive splatter maybe your settings need to be adjusted.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    replied to Help With CWB Bend test GMAW
    I am doing my tests at the northern ontario welding college. I have done some welding before and also was in sheet metal trade for 3 years. I am best with stick welding but am also good at mig and flux. I can do tig as well although not something i like to do for extended periods(reminds me of sowing)....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    well here in ontario they cut 3/4" off each end then cut into 3 and bend the two startstops on ends out that way, and do a face bend on the other. I Failed the Mig test had about a 8mm crack on 90 degree stop start.

However i did pass my overhead SMAW so I have my all position...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    Not sure did that test today as well as my overhead Stick plate as well. They dont cut or bend them till tue/wend which really sucks. Both went ok, some arc problem at start/stop but i think its still fused good.. On my mig everything went good except for on my cap i had a blob of slag or something...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    Hi, I wish that was the test im doing. However this is the plate I have to fill here http://www.millerwelds.com/education...4&d=1185756289

Two root passes (90 Degree on flare and weave on bevel, then 6 more passes and 4 passes...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    Thx again for help, that first pic is just same as Flat CWB GMAW test. Not sure if it is officially called a flare bevel but thats what i call iit. Half inch gap inbetween 3/8 metal. Roots are what i call first passes on plate, on 90 degree and on bevel. Seems u do the pull as well on first pass...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Smokey_
    Hi thx for reply, im doing test on 3/8 metal with flare bevel with half inch space inbetween in flat position like u said. No spray or short circut just normal mig welds. There is two start stops, one on first root on 90 degree then anouther on weave on bevel. Thing im not sure about is weather...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X