No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
159 results in 0.0098 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• No they're not. Convection cooled by ambient air. The gas flowing thru the torch has absolutely no cooling effect. Sorry....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to Gas Cylinder Question
    Awwww no man....YARD CANNON!! (decorative only ofcourse)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to Stainless Mig welding. HELP
    I would use He/Ar/CO2 mix like Sundown suggested. Straight argon is not recommended on SS. Is purge necessary? What application are you using the SS pipe for?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to My new welder came today!
    Right on! Ceriated tungsten works best on inverters....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to back lashing
    link works fine for me curly. Go to millers website www.millerwelds.com and click on the "service" tab and you can download the owners manual there. Then go to pg 14.

So:
    you checked the inlet/outlet guides and wire drive tension? Are you familiar on how to properly...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to Oxy/Acet vs Plasma cutter
    As a few of the guys said earlier, there is a need for both. I generally look at cutting steel 3/8" and under is perfect for plasma....generally speaking.

I would want to caution you about buying used oxy-acety equipment. There are some safety concerns I have about used regulators....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to how hot is too hot?
    We sell a product from Climatech that is a cooling vest that uses an airline tethered to a regulating valve that you wear under your welding jacket. Works mint if you are at a weld table or don't have to move around much. The company also makes a cooling vest that you "refresh" in a freezer....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to how hot is too hot?
    Boy I sure do stugots. Back 30 years ago (there I go giving my age away) I used to weld for a big company up in northern NY. The welding dept I worked in was also the heat treat dept. Talk about some hot, hot times. It was manditory to take salt tablets and drink plenty of water there. I can remember...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to Unwanted helpers
    Okay here's a question....do incinerated bees cause porosity?

Yeah your job isn't tough enough already all suited up like King Arthur in 90+ heat huh?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to back lashing
    I'll start with a question. Are you experiencing a back lash or is the wire bird nesting in the drive rolls? I consider back lash the same as the spool of wire "free wheeling" after you let off the trigger. If it is back lash try slightly tightening the steel nut on the spool spindle until...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat
    Does the wire want to burn back to the tip or seem like the wire feed speed slows down or does the arc just cut out?

If you haven't already maybe try and calibrate the motors. Push arc control & set up at the same time and turn the left knob ubtil MCAL shows up. Next...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to Need info on Lincoln's School
    The problem with Community College and Vo Tech schools is they are too generic. At Lincoln (and yes Hobart too) you can choose a ciriculum in a specific field that you choose to pursue. It dependson what you are looking for. If you want to just learn how to weld then com college or vo tech can help....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to Torch hose reel
    Having flash arrestors at both ends is okay as long as you don't plan on ever running a roseud heating head. Having the arrestors at both ends will restrict gas flow. It can be dangerous when you are using a rosebud. A restriction of gas flow can result in the flame burning back into the torch from...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by jwsrep; 09-30-2007, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jwsrep
    replied to newbie here
    Welcome to the Miller message board. There is a wealth of knowledge here. I hope you enjoy your time here.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I haven't been a member of this board long enough to get to interact much with George. I see he left behind a young family (children 12 & 16). That is so tragic and sad. My prayers go out to his family and friends.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X