Collapse
41 results in 0.0214 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• swamp donkey
    replied to CWB Tickets?
    Ive been looking into challanging my journeymans/ red seal for welding and while talking to the apprenticeship board i found out manitoba has done some changes, and one of the weld tests you have to do to pass is a CWB horizontal plate. Just a neet little tidbit of info i thought id throw out there...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swamp donkey
    replied to OT- Cold galvanising
    We use cold galvanized quite a bit where i work. We do alot of structural and bridge repair. For stuff like brick angle and other galvanized steel we use rustoleum or walter cold galvanized and it works good for painting the welds/the application. It works better if the weld is still warm when your...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swamp donkey
    replied to Heads up Newbies
    Hey everyone. Merry christmas to all. I dont post here much and i aint trying to hijack a thread about something but stickman you make a good point... I guess im gonna have to go tell my foreman that he isnt really an ironworker. Our company isnt union but i guess his 23 years of erecting, connecting,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swamp donkey
    replied to 7014&7024
    JET ROD!!!!

I loved using 7024. We used to use it for welding joists/trusses,column base plates or anything that we wanted welded fast that was in the flat position. Too bad though were not allowed to use it in structural work. We got 3/4 of the way through welding the joists/ trusses...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Im a little suprised that they didnt call for a cap on the top of the column... I know you put a filler strip in but man 1" is a pretty big gap to fill. IMO it mat have been quicker to cut a cap weld it on and then weld the support to your capped column... but if thats what the engineer calls...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swamp donkey
    replied to Tilt Deck Trailer Question
    Once again thank you everyone for the imput. Personally i find it a SOB of a time trying to lug a sled into the back of the truck and it usually takes two people. I had a set of ramps but one falso move or two have left my tailgate dented and scratched so just to ease everything im building a trailer....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swamp donkey
    replied to Tilt Deck Trailer Question
    This is whats awesome about forums its like a brainstorming sessions. Nocheepgas you made some valide points i overlooked. Weight is kind of an issue because whenever ive went snowmobiling its usually been a minumum hour drive to get out of the city to where the snow is. I also drive a chevy colorado...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by swamp donkey; 06-27-2009, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• swamp donkey
    started a topic Tilt Deck Trailer Question

Tilt Deck Trailer Question

Hi everyone well ive got another trailer question. Ive got a long weekend coming up and i think its time i built a trailer for my snowmobile as i got really sick last year of loading and unloading it into the back of my truck... (kind of a tight fit)
    SO anyways the question i have is i...
    See more | Go to post

• swamp donkey
    replied to Figuring costs
    Ive notices no one posting has mentioned charging mileage??? My old man showed me a bill from a weld repair he got done and the local guy charges $60.00 an hour which is reasonable + materials and then milage which was $1.00 a kilometer one way from his shop. Oh and dont forget about gst or pst. ( government...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I personally think it all depends on what your doing... Any job for direct family i charge nothing. Close relatives/ freinds usually still nothing or a case of beer type of deal usually its alot of fun and thats payment enough.
    For everything else all i do is just charge them my regular...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swamp donkey
    replied to anyone in canada heard...
    to every one no offence taken. Im seeing now that when it comes to certification and qualifications it all depends on the company you work for, type of work you do, where you are etc, etc, etc. I agree the education provided by an apprenticeship would be invaluable. I guess it all depends on your circumstances....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swamp donkey
    replied to anyone in canada heard...
    Not intending to stir the pot here but arent CWB tests here to do the same thing all other welding tests are??? To make sure the welder is qualified to do the weld they are doing. Dont get me wrong i have a tremendous respect for you journeyman and pressure welders out there and hope one day to be as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swamp donkey
    replied to ESAB Electrodes
    Ive never personally ran the ESAB ATOM ARC 7018 but i have ran Esab's OK55- 7018 and was not very fond of it. They gave me a tonne of headaches and an earfull of colorfull language to everyone working around me. I have ran lincoln excalibur as well as air liquide's and hobarts version of 7018 with...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• i dont think you have a problem getting a cylinder across from the U.S into canada. My grandfather rents some cylinders in the states and ive taken them across empty and came back with a full one... no problems at customs, And i dont have any transport certs But i guess the best way to find out is to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• swamp donkey
    replied to Ironworkers
    as far as i know all ironrworkers do is structural steel. or thats all i do. The closest thing ive seen my company do to pipe or is handrails, round and square tube column splices and i guess the closest of them all that ive seen is welding piles that they drive into the ground. but there also are exeptions...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X