Collapse
48 results in 0.0735 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Rest In Peace

And it gets even more fun.

Drop down to the area on that site for "Visit My Other Sites" and open up the Tombstone Generator. Create a tombstone for the nitwit that ignored your warning label.

I, too, shall get no work done today....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied to Another tungsten question...sorry
    Nick:

If you do a little more research on colors for tungstens you will find that there is a US standard for colors, a European standard for colors, which is different that the US standard. Then there are some Asian manufacturers that have even different colors. And for my old eyes,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied to Plasma Cutter
    I have a Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3. With the regular 60 Amp nozzle it produces a beautiful cut in 3/4" steel. Except for the fine feathering lines it almost looks like it has been sheared.

With the fine cut nozzles I have cut a LOT of 16 gauge stainless and mild steel. It does...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied to Bandsaw or dry cut saw?
    It is not my intention to hijack this thread, but perhaps one of you could educate me. I am trying to replace a 45 year old Wilton 5 X 8 bandsaw. I looked at the Grizzly G9472 saw mentioned by admweld. Then looked at the Grizzly G0613 for more capacity. But, after studying the saw, the Grizzly G0613...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied to sharping tungen
    JJE:

Rather than post an answer to this, let me suggest that you go up to the top bar, search, and type tungsten sharpening in the box. You will find a large number of threads with a wealth of information to wade through.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied to adding pics
    On this subject. If you have any photo editing software. Two things need to be considered.

A photo size is important. 640 X 480 pixel size opens up on most computer screens correctly. Larger sizes and you end up haveing to scroll back and forth and up and down to see the photo. You...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rich:

Check around, and somewhere near you, you should be able to find a company that specializes in building drive shafts. Big trucks have a bazillion different shafts. Usually easier to have one built than to try to track down the exact one that you need. I use a company in San Antonio,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey Rich:

I have shortened, and lengthened, a number of drive shafts over the years, from relatively large diameter (heavy trucks) to relatively small diameter (industrial equipment). Every one that I have worked with has been mild steel. None have failed - yet. I have always cut the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied to New torch advice
    Shorerider:

Victor tips and Harris tips are not interchangable. If you are looking you should also consider Smith. Somewhere on this board, or the Motorsports board is a pretty good thread comparing Smith and Victor torches. Search for it. Go here for the thread - http://www.mill...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied to Gauging tungston
    427FAB:

The general rule of thumb is to use the smallest tungsten that you can get away with. That being said, 3/32" tungsten is sort of the "universal" electrode.

Go here - http://www.millerwelds.com/education/tools/#calculators to purchase the Miller Tig...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied to ceriated tungsten
    Greetings Tim:

As you probably know, tungstens will act a little differently depending on whether you are using them with an inverter machine, or a transformer machine.

With my Syncrowave 200 (transformer) I use ceriated tungstens for stainless and mild steel welding. On AC...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey Jim:

I was wondering if you had ever solved the problem. All's well that ends well. Glad you solved the problem. When you get used to it that welder will sing for you.

Adios----
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied to Figure this out...
    Engloid:

I disagree with you on this, but not because I am any kind of an expert. Let me explain.

A couple of years ago when I first got my MM251 I got a 300CF tank of 75/25 with it. I had the same question as SignWave, and questioned my Airgas rep as to how with the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied to Idio Syncro200 sees....
    Sign:

I have OM revision 225-389G. I have studied it, and especially page 23. I am old, used up, a complete noob at tig, but I still cannot find anything in the OM or Miller literature concerning what actually constitutes a cycle. Perhaps some sharp Miller Tech will come on this thread...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Archaic
    replied to Miller 325 Extreme
    Back at you Photojax:

In figuring the outlay for your plasma cutter, pay particular attention to REALLY clean, REALLY dry air. For my machine I have a water separator/filter on the wall with a pressure regulator. Another water separator/filter on the machine cart. This goes into a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X