Collapse
26 results in 0.0068 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• PLUMMER
    replied to Finding High Paying Job!
    Recomending someone go work for themselves when never working in the field before is a BAD idea. You need to get started first. and working for your self isn't always the best idea for most. Few are good workers AND good buisnessmen. I know plenty that have the work and spend just as much time trying...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLUMMER
    replied to Hammer Drill Recommendation
    Yes get a bigger bosch. I have/had them all when it comes to any and all sizes of hammer/impact drills. BOSCH....all the way... and any repair shop will also telll you bosch is BY FAR the best when it comes to hammer/impact tools. Its not even close. Sorry to hear about your problems, but I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLUMMER
    replied to Welder needs a few prayers
    Hang in there WC, I just hope you don't have Necrosis like I had in my left ankle. I lost alot of bone but an llizeroff machined stretched it right back to length in 18 months and I was back walkin again. Just make sure you are happy with your Doc and have plenty of info, don't want it to come back....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLUMMER
    replied to 75% Helium 25% Argon mix?
    I am having trouble getting a mix from the LWS. No mixers are available anymore from what I was told. Only option was a Tank 3 times the size of what I use now. 300+ cu/ft for 363.00 and change. 75 Ar/25He. From what i have been reading anything more is usually for automated machines to speed up the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It takes over 40 acres of soybean to run this machine per day and the 9870 sts takes about 40 acres of soy to run a day. A test performed with Cargill and Pioneer using biodesel. Now the Combine running the 32' bean head can only cut about 90 acres in a 14-16 hour day. Now those #'s don't change...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Its a good thing that the dollar is coming down. Others aren't going up but the US is going down by a controlled pollicy. It levels the playing field with imports and they can't profit as much from their super cheap labor. This then brings our american products also at par with other countries. This...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLUMMER
    started a topic Ti TO MILD STEEL OR 4130 CONVERSION

Ti TO MILD STEEL OR 4130 CONVERSION

I am making some suspension parts for a new drag sled. Some will be structurl and some not( no load). Mild steel is what the stock material is, from .120 to .9375. Handle bars and A-arms and shock mounts. Most material is 1" OD to .750 OD. How much can you reduce the wall thickness if going...
    See more | Go to post

• PLUMMER
    replied to Speedglass
    Hey Squig or others that are having problems with their speedglass, if you are getting rid of it or throwing away. let me know I will take them all.........Just contact me thru email or PM here.. Thanks Dave.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• As I have seen Ti puddy fail once in a 2 stroke with NOS, but I have also seen it do just fine for many trail miles and lake race events and Asphalt runs. Normal trail EGTs of 1050-1250 . 1250 on the long miles of WOT throttle . And normal 1080's at 8000 RPMs for all day riding cross country or just...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AAAHHHHHHHH....... he's got no pride in his rig. That is one sweet office. He must have gotten a bunch of complaints about the old work enviroment and had to up grade. HEhehehehe.......

PRIDE.....its what makes your stuff so good.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 5 gallon bucket, 3 gallons of tig coolant, any 110 pump that pumps atleast 5 gpm, but all you will use is about .5-1 GPM, a little giant fountain pump could even be used. Pipe in with manifold for fittings and pressure guage between pump and gun, 20 psi is plenty but the 600-1200 coolers run up to 55...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Are you familiar with the Titanium puddy, that alot of race engine builders use to shape and fix case porting and jugs. Most if not all use this especially if they are in the development stage of finding what porting style they will use. Is does hold up and even on exhaust ports with EGTS as high as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PLUMMER
    replied to rig truck help
    Glad you found your rig, not the same but....... your started now. Now if i can only find a 1928 Apache for the wife.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Why would you prefer to have such a short bed ????? What is, or is there any benefit ????
    If I get a chance to, there is a Dodge/Frieghtliner van- chassis /cab running around here at the local Airgas. They put a welding type bed and rig on it. Had a crane-toolboxes-dualies. Mostly diamondplate...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Is this one of those joke threads, where they have the really whacked storyline and they wanna see how many serious replies they can get. I mean cuz the part here where he says he learns quick kinda gave it all away for me. And I don't think you'll find a book in a library about how to wire and weld...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X