Bear head?

How about swage block.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swage_block
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nunya
    replied to Syncrowave 250 problem
    1-water cooled torch?
    2-torch hooked up according to schematic?
    3-will it restrike or is it completely dead?
    4-by "tick in the torch handle", did it shock you?
    5-according to what you wrote, it established an arc, you felt the tick, then the arc extinguished?
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Nunya; 11-05-2007, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nunya
    replied to Welding Black Iron into tanks
    I hit submit too fast.
    Lots of ships and buildings were built from iron until somewhere around (?) 1920's. That is a huge guess.

Wrought iron has a very low carbon content as compared to mild steel which can have up to .30%. Iron also has a mixture of slag and silica (glass) in...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nunya
    replied to Welding Black Iron into tanks
    Black Iron is a catch all name for mild steel. The black iron title is still used on some structural blue prints, although it is becoming rare. Here in the U.S.A. construction workers usually call iron by the color of the paint applied to primed steel, such as, red iron (red oxide), gray iron and black...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nunya
    replied to Welding Cast Iron?
    If you're welding cast iron you can preheat or use the cold weld technique.

Cold welding is making a weld bead approximately one inch long. Stress relieve by lightly tapping the weld surface with a hammer. I don't suggest punching holes in a perfectly good bead with a chipping hammer....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nunya
    replied to my blacksmith projects
    Nice looking projects you've got there. Did you find someone to teach you or did you do this by yourself?

That's a fine looking rivet forge. I suggest that you put clay or sand in the bottom before you fire it up. If it's cast iron it could crack from the heat like so many others. If...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nunya
    replied to Welding Cast Iron?
    Cast Iron can and is welded using Inconel. The latest copy of the AWS Welding Journal has a "Letters To The Editor" that covers this.

October 2007 issue
    page 20

Note that this article does deal with welding dissimilar metals (ie, cast iron to stainless)....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nunya
    replied to Headboard
    It ain't as fancy as yours. This one is made of mild steel. The spider is a former trailer hitch ball. It's attached by a ΒΌ" diameter round rod that allows the spider to *crawl* across the webbing. Actually, it sorta swings in an arc from the pivot point at the top of the gate. I've got plans...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nunya
    replied to Headboard
    That looks oddly familiar? ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X