•  

• Hankl
    replied to weld-in bung/adjuster - please identify
    Thery are also avaiable at Lefthander Chassis,

Hank...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    replied to Anyone purchase from Online Metals?
    Online Metals

Gene,

I've had very good service from Onlinemetals, they are less price wise, than my two local steel suppliers. For me, even with shipping added, they are still often 35-50% cheaper than the local guys. Being in HI, shipping is the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mulu,

Besides the safety issues, you'll need to decide what process you'll use for joining the panels. If you use the Mig, it's going to be a lot easier using .023 wire than .030 or .035 wire. The smaller wire allows you to weld with better heat control than the thicker wire. With the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    replied to 4130 question for you guys....
    No Problem. that's not enough heat to affect either the tubing or welds.

Hank...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    replied to How to weld a mild steel roll cage
    Greg,

As MMW said, fit up will be critical for a good cage. I'd also suggest in investing in a good tubing notcher, such as a JD2, Ol' Joint Jigger, or a JMR tubing notcher. Having well cut tubes will make a big difference on how the quality of your weld turns out. I'd also cut up a bunch...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Had the same problem with the TVs, found out that it was the ground in the Service Panel, a lot of the homes being built these days, just use two Rebar rods stuck into the ground when they pour the foundation. When I sunk a copper ground in the dirt, all the problems disappeared.

Han...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Take the bottle to any place that has Paint Ball equipment, it's basically the same cylinder the Paint Ball guys use.

Hank...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    replied to Tig/Sheetmetal advice needed
    Another vote for Butt welds, also, short welds, an inch at a time max. Key to keep warping down to a minimum, is Dollying the weld down, basically, restretching the metal, from the contraction of welding. When you weld a small item like this, the HAZ shrinks, plannishing stretches it back again. Plannish...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    replied to Dynasty 200 DX Problem
    Breeze,

I'll check the connections, and then try it again, Thanks.

Fusion King,

What you say, along with Breeze's advise will most likely cure this, I'm with you on using other machines, my Syncrowave would like you get away with anything, the inverter base...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    Cruizer,

No problem Buddy, there must be some real idiots out there, I can't see where someone couldn't follow the simple instructions in the manual. It specifically states to tape back the Red wire if not using 3Ph. Maybe those people should not be allow close to HF any time in their...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    Craig, Thanks for the thread, gave me some thing to try.

Cruzer, I know what you mean, it bugs me when nitwits reply to threads also!

KB, 3/32 Lanthanated, welding 1/4" MS at 150 Amps. Will check the parameters.

See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Hankl; 03-03-2008, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    started a topic Dynasty 200 DX Problem

Dynasty 200 DX Problem

When I initially start welding with the Dynasty, it often doesn't generate a Arc, the gas flows, but nothing happens. The display for the Amps, does a count down, and then I try again, sometimes I get a Arc, sometimes not. It happened again today, I shut it down, re started and it worked fine for the...
    See more | Go to post

• Hankl
    replied to need advice
    If your asking for instructions on the 140, go to the tab at the top of this page, labeled "Resources", select "Owner's Manuals" , and then select the 140. You can download it to your computer or print it out. If you need instructions for the helmet, and it's a Miller, Go to the...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Hankl; 02-15-2008, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    replied to Prayers, I need them once more
    Already taken care of....

Hank
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hankl
    replied to Welding Blankets.
    From the Tillman site....

Tillman Welding Blanket - O Pan Felt

Soft, thick, affordable welding blanket provides protection up to 3000F. 16 oz. Black O Pan Felt material is non-flammable, non-melting, non-shrinking and scratch free!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X