Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• opsranch
    replied to deal or no deal
    What to buy

Hey,

Do yourself a favor and buy the Hobart, Miller, or Lincoln, preferably from a local store (even Home Depot for the Lincoln). I have the Lincoln HD3200 and an old Miller 135. Great machines! I'm sure the Hobart is just as good. No issues with repairs etc....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• opsranch
    replied to Upcoming Project Challenge
    welding challenge

I only hope Miller will have a scrap metal catagory. A lot of people do most of their projects from scrounged materials and I think it makes for interesting results and creativity.

Bob
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• opsranch
    replied to I'm new and need some advice
    Why not auto set?

Don,

Auto set seems to me to be too limiting. When you are welding different types of steel (I use a lot of scrap that is of unknown origin) in different thickness, its nice to find that perfect heat and wire speed to make it weld nice, like welding 10...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• opsranch
    replied to I'm new and need some advice
    110 Welders

Don't sell the 110 mig machines short. I have had two, both Lincolns, the first wore out after years of steady use and abuse. The second one is still going strong. I wouldn't want to be without it. If I replace it it will be with a MM140 (not auto set). They are easy to carry...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• opsranch
    replied to Opinions on Helmets,,,Insurance
    Hoods and insurance

Insurance for any high risk business is very important. My partner and I have been "officially" in the yacht repiar business for 3 years. 4 years ago we started the process of getting insurance. It took a year and a lot of work. Do go with an independant...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• opsranch
    replied to Using a blade on Aluminum
    Cooking Spray

I use cooking spray on grinding disks, wheels, and blades for aluminum. Buy the cheap stuff it works as well as the name brand. You will get no loading and doesn't seem to affect weldability, at least with MIG. You'll be suprised how well it works.

Bob
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X