• woolecox
    replied to mounting tb
    How big is your trailer?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woolecox
    replied to Pehaka Bandsaw
    Try Ellis

You might contact the people at Ellis Saw and see if they can help you adapt some the parts.

Here is the link: www.ellissaw.com
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woolecox
    started a topic Wall Power for Suitcase X-Treme

Wall Power for Suitcase X-Treme

Does anyone know if a Miller Suitcase X-Treme MIG welder can be configured to run off of a 220V wall circuit? If so how?

The Suitcase is a great welder. I have a Bernard gun on it. It sure would be nice to run it inside without having to fire up the generator. I currently run it off of...
    See more | Go to post

• woolecox
    replied to compressor needs...
    Hey Bert,

Pressure measured in Pounds per Square Inch (PSI) and Air Flow measured in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM) are equally important and are tool specific. For example; I have a high speed 5" grinder/sander that requires high airflow but not so much pressure. I also have a framing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woolecox
    replied to compressor needs...
    Ingersoll Rand

Hey Metal Head,

For a shop air compressor, I would check out the Northern Tool and Equipment. They carry Ingersoll Rand compressors. I caught a 5 hp, 80 gal, 230v machine on sale for less than $800. These compressors normally sell for around $1200.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woolecox
    replied to Econo Tig or Dynastry 200
    Which One?

Man, get the best one you can afford! I am in the same dilemma over a 200DX or a 350DX. I think I will go ahead and scrape together the coin to get the 350DX and the complete TIG Runner and Torch package.

I don't think my little shoppe will ever outgrow the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woolecox
    replied to Dumb mistake welding SS
    I went to a friends shop to use his 200DX to weld up some 304 ss headers....

PS: Other than forgetting the settings What did you think of the 200DX? I am thinking about putting one in the shop that I am building but may go with the 350DX and the complete TIG Runner and Torch setup....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woolecox
    replied to Dumb mistake welding SS
    Ac/dc

Yeah, it's a great rock band... But, in my humble (unscientific) opinion, if the proper amount of heat was present at the weld joint, and adequate penetration occurred, then the two metals should have been joined together in a strong weld.

How does the weld look? Was...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Table Plans

If you have not found it already Miller has some great plans for welding tables on their "project plans" tab. One is small and portable, the other is much bigger and heavier but still has wheels and can be move around the shop if you have a smooth floor.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by woolecox; 07-01-2007, 09:54 PM. Reason: addition

Leave a comment:

• Thermal Dynamics

I have a TD Cutmaster 51. You can definitely tell when you forget to dial the power down on thin materials, i.e., wide sloppy cuts. The power range on this machine will let you cut precise thin cuts on very thin material and genuine cuts up to 1/2 inch. It will rough...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woolecox
    replied to Electrical Power for Shop
    Thanks for the input. machines I plan on using will be the Millermatic 252 and the Dynasty 200 DX TIG machine. Unless I am reading the spec sheets wrong, It looks like a 50 amp circuit will handle both. Up until now I have operated off of a welding generator (Bobcat 250NT) and a Suitcase Extreme MIG...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woolecox
    I agree. I forgot to mention that I also have a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 51 Plasma cutter. I have been relatively pleased with it. You really have to keep your air source clean and dry to get smooth cuts. It also will run off of the same type circuitry.

I can also power all of these...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woolecox
    Thanks for the input. machines I plan on using will be the Millermatic 252 and the Dynasty 200 DX TIG machine. Unless I am reading the spec sheets wrong, It looks like a 50 amp circuit will handle both. Up until now I have operated off of a welding generator (Bobcat 250NT) and a Suitcase Extreme MIG...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woolecox
    started a topic Electrical Power for Shop

Electrical Power for Shop

I am building a 1750 sq/ft metal building on my place. It will be used for general fab and auto/motorcycle fab. I am planning on:

- two 240v/50a circuits for MIG/TIG and plasma cutters.
    - one 2240/30 for a table saw
    - one 240v/30a for a window unit a/c.
    - one 240v/30a...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by woolecox; 06-28-2007, 05:10 PM. Reason: rethink

• woolecox
    replied to Need some ideas...
    Come on Dude... Get yourself a truck!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X