No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
18 results in 0.0114 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• The talk of the aluminum on the secondary side in the new MM212 is still making me nervous. I really hope the 212 doesn't end up being a lemon!!!

The delivery guy was by today with my new Bernard gun but took it with him when nobody was home to sign for it. Nothing worse than knowing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• plane crazy
    replied to Welder myth
    Thanks, I finally broke down and bought it, I am looking forward to getting my new Bernard gun to fire it up.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• plane crazy
    replied to Welder myth
    DDA52, would you worry if your mm210 had an Alu secondary coil on the transformer? This is how the new mm212 is set up, hence the weight difference of 23 lbs. As you say in your last post, they are set and tested to work with what they have, and they carry the same warrenty. In my mind copper would...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• plane crazy
    replied to Welder myth
    maybe this answers my question "why is the new MM212 23 lbs lighter than the MM210 was?". I also just checked the spec on the MM252 compared to the MM251 and there is a 21 lb difference there as well. This seems like a big difference to me. If it is aluminum I hope it holds up better than...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• plane crazy
    replied to shear idea
    Hi Guys,

I have seen these shears around but have never used one, do they work well? What thickness are they rated to cut? What do you use the roller for?
    I am new to this world, please forgive my lack of knowledge!

Thanks
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• plane crazy
    started a topic chop/cut off saw

chop/cut off saw

I was planning on picking up a chop saw and was looking at the Milwaukee
    14" abrasive cut off saw at HD, when the fellow there sugested the RIGID 14" abrasive cut off machine. It seems to have the same spec as the Milwaukee and it now has a lifetime warranty according to the guy I...
    See more | Go to post

• plane crazy
    replied to amps/voltage ???
    I have decided on the MM212, I have gone the last 35 yrs without one so I am pretty sure the 212 will do just fine. And the price is alot nicer then the 252, I still have to get a helmet and other safety gear.

All I have to do now is decide on what kind/size wire and gas. I was reading...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• plane crazy
    replied to amps/voltage ???
    Thanks for the info guys.

Sundown when you say it like this: range of "Voltage taps" is providing for a wider "range of amperage" which you access using the wirespeed dial.
    it makes sense to me. The way it was written led me to believe it was an Amp selection...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• plane crazy
    started a topic amps/voltage ???

amps/voltage ???

I have a question;the below quote is from the MM212 info on the Miller site.

Seven taps provide wider welding range of 30-210 amps with improved high and low ends to weld materials from 22 gauge up to 3/8 in (9.5 mm) thick in a single pass.

Why is this control that selects...
    See more | Go to post

• plane crazy
    replied to MM212 or MM252
    I know that a few people on here have said that I was just reconfirming before spending all that money, I want to make only one purchase so I want to get it right the first time.

What about the Bernard gun? Any one config better than the other?
    "Another question is if I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• plane crazy
    started a topic MM212 or MM252

MM212 or MM252

I have been procrastinating for the last few weeks over which one to get. As I wait for my lws to get some stock on these new units I have been looking over all the features of each. I was watching a online video of a welding instructor talking about the importance of finding a sweet spoot between the...
    See more | Go to post

• plane crazy
    started a topic Mm212

Mm212

Has anyone out there used the new MM212 yet? If so I would like some comments or opinions on it. Thanks in advance.
    See more | Go to post

• plane crazy
    replied to MM210 Questions
    Hi Guys, bad news is the floor model 210 is gone. They can still get one if I order now. I am having second thoughts on the 210 and thinking maybe wait for the 212???? I have been doing some more research and here is what else I have found out on the MM212, maybe I could get some opinions on what is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• plane crazy
    Thanks everyone for all the info and ideas. The more research I do the more it looks like it will be the MM210. As for the helmet, I think I will go check some of them out at my LWS, I still believe the auto dark is the way to go, in my mind it will be less of a chance of receiving a flash. I do not...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• plane crazy
    All the info i have here does not show a digital display on the MM210, is that what you said?

My only draw to the MM251 is the infinate controls, but if this is not a big concern I am thinking the MM210 is all I will ever need, and I would get the whole package with the spoolgun for the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X