Collapse
16 results in 0.0204 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Canada
    replied to new guy on the block
    '77 dodge power wagon with bad engine and craftsman cross-force ratchet wrenches
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    replied to Tungsten help...
    its the mil scale. trust me. grind it off so there is none closer than 1/2" to your weld. it should come out looking nicer and no black soot.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    replied to 7018 vertical advice
    im sure all of us here had trouble getting our vertical 7018 welds looking good. but as they said in other topics, PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE. as soon as you start getting frustrated your welds go to ****. so keep you calm and try over, and over. Eventually it will come to you
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    replied to Oxy Acetalene bottles
    pthunberg, dont worry about it, i understand. Yeah i live in apache juntion Arizona. its the meth capital of the U.S. alot of theft, and as you said no questions asked.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    dont get the wrong impression. they had up to date tags from the local shop, and he is a buddy of mine so i checked through him and he said they were legit and he sold them to the guy i bought them from. its kind of sad that a guy would drop the price down so far on something he once worked so hard...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    wow, i got a killer deal. picked them up from some tweeker, both for $50. talked to guy at local weld supply shop and he said it was legit. thanks for the info. i really appreciate it
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• if you are going to spend more than $200 on an auto dark hood, which should be the minumum price forany one that cares about their eyesight, look into getting a miller elite. if you shopped around you could pick one up for $250. or a speedglas, they are top of the line, but after you weld with one you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    replied to aluminum and spatter
    there is no way to stop the spatter, its like a package deal. but it should easily be removed by running a putty knife or chisel over it. Also more argon is worse for aluminum than too little. i personally think 15-20cfm is too high. i was tought, and learned from experience that 10-15 is quite enough,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    started a topic Oxy Acetalene bottles

Oxy Acetalene bottles

this really doesnt have anything to do with miller or projects, but i bought a full size oxygen bottle and full size acetalene bottle(both owned bottles) from a guy today for a killer deal and was wondering what any of you other guys, and girls, paid for your bottles. thanks
    See more | Go to post

• Canada
    replied to tungsten ?
    i use something called a stilo tig. it spins the tungsten just from the angle you hold it on the grinder. also try using a bench belt sander with a 120 grit belt or pad.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    replied to Angle cuts (miter)
    at the shop i work at we used a wet cut band saw, or a dewalt chopsaw with the carbide blade. they both make angled cuts so much easier than a normal abrasive blade chop saw. i think i saw a dry cut bandsaw and harbor freight for about $100 too.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    replied to plasma cam
    we are using a thermal dynamics cutmaster 101, which has great detail. we have cut small great danes out of heat treated 16g steel that would fit on 2 finger tips. it is ridiculouse how great the detail is. not to mention we fabricate picket fencing to put on top of brick walls, and we have to cut out...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    replied to Skills USA welding competition.
    thanks, i had a great time, and im hoping that i can place top three next year after another year in the welding booth.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    replied to Skills USA welding competition.
    thanks. i placed 2nd in regionals out of 40, it is alot of fun beating the other second year students at my trade school, with me being a first year student
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canada
    started a topic plasma cam

plasma cam

has anyone else had the please of using one of these?
    they are amazing, and make fabrication so much easier
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X