Collapse
16 results in 0.0180 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• bikecollector12
    replied to What Material?
    My father owns a small trucking company and he lined all his trucks with cold rolled but it really depends on what they are hauling. Is it an aluminum bed? I'm guessing so. Alot of guys in the Utah area are stacking steel right on top of aluminum beds for some light demolition hauling. They just...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Filler material?

I bought a new Dynasty 350 about a month ago and I picked up a 1lb tube of alcotec 4043 along with it. It had the same grainy appearance that you're talking about. I tried the 5356 and it worked fine... I decided to try some 4043 from Airgas.. I think it's Radnor brand......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bikecollector12
    replied to Walking the cup?
    Thanks for the link... I noticed that they used it on the pipe welding but I think it would be a little difficult on corner welds and that's mostly my situation. I've had some trouble getting comfortable lately on that type of joint. But I'm still a rookie
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bikecollector12
    replied to Beautiful TIG welds
    walking the cup?

I've noticed you guys talking about walking the cup... could you kind of explain how to do this technique? I'm always trying to find a more comfortable way to tig..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have a 1000 G3 that works great on the thick stuff.... but when I get artistic with it I have to keep my travel speeds very high otherwise you end up with a lot of slag on the back of your work piece. I ended up buying a used 375 for the small stuff and that dropped my travel speed down to where...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bikecollector12
    started a topic Walking the cup?

Walking the cup?

I was reading a thread in the motorsports side about some very nice tig welds someone did on some suspension parts made of 4130.. They mentioned using the "walking the cup" technique... Could anyone give me a quick idea of how to do this technique?
    See more | Go to post

• bikecollector12
    replied to Spectrum 375 Xtreme
    I have a spectrum 375 and it's great for the quick cuts on smaller steel, but when it comes to 3/8" steel you must cut pretty slow. I have a Hypotherm G3 1000 as well and I use it for the heavy stuff. It makes beautiful cuts on 1/2" steel. The 375 will struggle a bit on 3/8" and the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bikecollector12
    replied to Miller Syncrowave 350lx
    This is a 2006 model... It comes with everything.. cooler, weldcraft 25ft. torch, torch cover, ground clamp, smith flowmeter, running gear, and all the original instruction manuals. Everything is in brand new condition. I'm really needing the space in my shop and the dyn 350 will take up a bit less...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bikecollector12
    started a topic Miller Syncrowave 350lx

Miller Syncrowave 350lx

I've got a miller 350lx syncrowave with water cooler, tig runner package... the works. It's barely been used, I bet it doesn't have 8 hours on it. There's not a scratch on it.

Just curious as to how much it's worth? I'm wanting to sell it and buy the Dynasty 350 that was just released....
    See more | Go to post

• Jonnytig... I thought about that gas flow thing the other day.. that's why I turned up the flow a bit. I've been shopping for some gas lens but my local Airgas crew is stumped when I ask about them... Wierd eh? I've seen them but don't know where to find them.. How do you go about getting a fatter...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've got to agree with you on the coupons... They really are kinda pointless, but I hate to spend the time cutting and fitting nice aluminum just to get all freaked out when it comes to laying a bead on it and messing up perfect aluminum. I'll be starting an aluminum project here real soon... I just...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I bought an abrasive chop saw first... it did the job for much less money. About 3 months after that I bought the Milwaukee dry cut machine and I've never been happier.. I can actually cut a 1/16 piece out of some tubing.. It's very precise which is good for fit ups, making sure your project is square,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bike shop work benches... Let me know what you think..

These were the first two work benches I've built and there's a standing cabinet on the way... These two are just painted but my cabinet just got done being powder coated.. It was actually cheaper to powder coat it than paint it. $50... I thought that was a steal.

Anybody use that...
    See more | Go to post

• These are some of the welds I've made.. Any advice would be great.. I know I need to work on my starts and finishes.. but let me know what you think..

Fun4now... I've played with some 7018 quite a bit and loved that, but it was a really friendly rod... haha.. 6011 was a real good time.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'm using a Syncrowave 350LX set at about 130 amps, no pulse, 7-8 on the balance, but I'm using pure tungsten. I think I figured out one of my problems today... I turned up my gas flow a bit and got much better results. I get pretty good beads but still need to work on the starts where I stop to let...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X