Collapse
12 results in 0.0124 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• AWSWELD
    replied to Fixing Cast Aluminum
    Aluminum cast are usually alloyed with other elements such as zinc to get different desired metal characteristics thus making them more difficult to weld. I had an aluminum cast dirt bike clutch perch I welded together with a licoln tig. If you have acess to a nice tig welder that would be the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AWSWELD
    replied to Overhead tips needed
    I found that keeping a short arc length and the rod not to far ahead of the puddle helps a lot. What are the root opening and root face dimensions?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AWSWELD
    replied to Copper welding
    I tried retapping them without much luck. I did manage too though but they're still a little loose...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AWSWELD
    Can't remove the plates, as you can see, I had to replace two screws with new one in an attepmt to retap the holes. I wish we had that kind of technology at school though, that would be great....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AWSWELD
    Haha, yeah but im kind of tight on money ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AWSWELD
    started a topic Copper welding

Copper welding

I have a set of capacitators with bad connections. The last resort I can think of is welding 4 copper wire terminals to the top of them. I'm considering different processes to use. Advice would be apprieated. I will enclose a picture of the pre-welding setup tomorrow....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by AWSWELD; 03-18-2009, 10:27 PM. Reason: Add pictures

• AWSWELD
    replied to Small Ring Roller
    nice job!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AWSWELD
    replied to High Tech Redneck WELDS
    probably a lawn roller haha
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AWSWELD
    replied to young or old
    2 yrs ago..tig, stick, mig, and oxy-ace, dont plan to put the torch down for a while
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AWSWELD
    replied to Newbie
    start up

Yes, I know that there are a lot of things to think about when starting a business and a lot of planning. Sometimes my plans interfere with reality, that's why I came here to get other peoples perspective on this. I really appreciate all of the respones I recieved from everybody....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AWSWELD
    replied to Newbie
    Yes, that is something I have already taken in account. I did forget to mention that I would work for someone out of school to get a general feeling of the welding environment and day to day processes. Also, I have been studying business in my spare time. Thx for the input.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AWSWELD
    started a topic Newbie

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum. I just signed up yesterday, I am 18 years old and will be graduating highschool in about 20 days, and plan to attend a welding school in a few months. After that, I plan to open my own welding shop here in Dubuque, IA. I was wondering if anyone could...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X