500 results in 0.2655 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Bob Miller
    replied to Legend Help Needed
    Here's an update.
    I tried to solder the T1 wire, first attempt cold joint. Second attempt I got the solder to stick. But what a mess. I put the T1 back in place and snapped the mother board back in it's place. I then cleaned the slip rings and put the brushes back in place.
    I tried 1/8...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    So if some one has these parts for CHEAP I have the ability to change them. As It looks now the $500 board ended this thread and this project.
    I did polish the slip rings with a pencil eraser. I have some stones for the SA-200 welders, but I think they are to course for the slip rings.
    The...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    In this picture You can see the work someone did to board 160888 (CyberWeld 500$). this is where T1 plugs into the board. By the burnt spot you can see 2 wires repaired in the plug. One terminal in the upper left corner is just solid copper wire, maybe striped from some 12ga. romex. Picture 3 is the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    I retook the pictures. the rusty thing in the middle of picture 1 is T1 called voltage regulator #184417. ( looks like a transformer to me)
    In the next picture is the wire chewed. It's hard to see but it's dead center of the picture. just right of the torn tape on the left. Can not find this part...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    Hello again, this welder sat in my yard for all most 3 years now. It never made it to Nevada, never left my yard.
    I hooked up a bottle of LP gas to it and it fired right up. But it does not weld or generate power.

I pulled the side panels off, blew out the dust, removed a dead mouse....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    replied to Old Ford disc repair
    If you get the hole bored in your angle, you can put a gusset at every 90* joint.
    Grind out all the cracked welds and re weld.
    Then put your gussets in across the corners....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    replied to New members
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    replied to Welding machine brand
    May I recommend Millermatic 252 or 255 or the Multimatic 255 these are good machines.

I have a 252 and a XMT 350 MPa in my shop. The 252 is the go to machine for my guys, I'm the only one that uses the XMT. Maybe it's the set up time they don't like.
    Good Luck,
    Bob...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    replied to Shop/Mobile welding
    Find out where the farmers have coffee in the morning and be there when they open, and pass out business cards.
    Be there first thing every morning on time, pass out business cards all day. Go around to the ranches pass out more b/cards.
    Get to know people by name. If you see something broke...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    You can get by for now with a 3/4 ton PU, with utility body would be better.
    You will have a place to lock up your cables and other stuff. A guy needs lots of stuff.
    If your in a farming area (I'm a farmer) better carry some wrenches.
    My truck is set up better than my shop, because...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    Welcome,
    On my service truck I have a Trailblazer Air Pak and that will do everything I need to do.
    I weld broken ripper shanks 2'' thick (multi pass of course).
    I can do AC tig with a high freq. unit or my Dynasty 200.
    Mig with my 8RC (had a 12RC but with a 45 lb. roll of wire...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The box appears at the bottom of the page now.
    I click the box and was told I already entered.
    Good Luck,
    Bob
    P.S. just tried Chrome and it works also.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Bob Miller; 10-08-2018, 07:33 PM. Reason: just checking

Leave a comment:

• I too could not fine the ENTER NOW box, after reading more posts I went back and tried clicking on "privacy policy" and "official rules" and some how I scrolled down below the end of the page and there was the box, so now I'm entered....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    replied to Auxiliary power
    I always disconnect my solar when I run my Trailblazer Air Pak or my 135KW Cat generator that way I'm sure it won't back feed into the solar system.
    Good Luck,
    Bob
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Some time ago I answered a questionnaire from Miller about a do-it-all welder. As I remember it was for a 225.
    I answered that I have wanted something like that for years. I said it should be a 250 with a 100% duty cycle.
    In reality 225 with 100% duty cycle would be okay. 250 better. ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X