35 results in 0.0149 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• jerems
    replied to 1940's Willys CJ2A
    Looking good

trial and error...with a few questions to the people who know..will eventually produce the desired result. It doesn't look bad but there is room for improvement. With a little effort the end result will be this picture. Good luck....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    replied to Lowes Garden Cart
    Intense!

I love these posts/subjects that challenge all your engineering and welding skills. If I recall, thinking back to my erector set days, screw 'A' goes into slot 'J' and tighten gently. Don't overtighten this bolt as it will have to be removed and another support placed on the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    replied to Bed Project
    nice bed

I like the lattice - but... how did you get all the edges smoothed out - just a whole lot of filing and emery cloth?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    replied to Bed Project
    Nice Bed

Nice job. I like the zebra effect with light and dark wood. It looks like a sturdy mutha. This is my next project - except out of steel. 1 1/2 X 4 rectangular tubing with stretched metal for a top....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    replied to More Headboards
    Where is my mind?

I always called those things 'Headache Racks'. When I read headboard, I was thinking beds. The second sentence reads......"so Scorchy could see while he was plowing..." I had to see the headboard!

Great looking headache racks! Form and function...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    replied to More of a Cutting question
    Bad advice!

Don't forget Mike - some gasses are heavier than air. Propane will settle to the bottom of the bottle and sit there waiting for you - ready to blow your ash out of the room. There's more to it than just opening up the tank.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dope it

Smear some pipe dope on the threads - or teflon tape. The nipple probably doesn't butt up against the cap so the tube gasket won't help a lot.

Great job. Great idea. I'll put that on my someday list.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    replied to Have You Seen This
    Perfection

That would be the Mona Lisa of welding carts. If you had to bill that out as a job it would probably be a $2K job. So cool!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    replied to Corpus Sculpture
    Fantastic!

That is some fantastic work. I'm afraid that if I ever tried to do something like that it would look like a suit of armor that was just run over by a bulldozer.

I like the post-modernistic twist to old world mythology. It's like reverse steampunk! The Greek,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    started a topic Mailbox Post

Mailbox Post

I saw this somewhere on the interweb and just had to share it. It's simple and sturdy. With a little bit of concrete poured in it - it might even be baseball bat proof.

If you have any Baptist neighbors, you might want to change the mailbox support to a piece of rectangular tubing -...
    See more | Go to post

• Great Idea!

Patent that idea and you'll never have to wear that hood again. That must be an old hood - with the union stickers on it....do they still have unions in the U.S?

Thanks for the idea!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    replied to Knowledge
    Interesting Discussion!

This forum consists of people from all over the world. I am in the USA and speak of those in the USA.

Many people are idiots. Many people are stupid. Many people live in fear of being sued and are afraid to do anything that isn't 'certified' by...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    replied to I hate straight lines in gates
    nice gate

That's a great looking gate. This is one case of a weldor being much more that just a 'joiner of metals' but a designer with an eye (and brain) for somthing more than just function. But......

Why didn't they just put the stupid cat on a leash?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    replied to cracked frame Ninja zx6r
    Congrats!

I bet you're glad it says Kawasaki and not Toyota! Now don't go and kill yourself on it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Propane

Everybody with a brain knows propane is dangerous. That's a given. We recently scrapped about 50 propane tanks. Some were 100# DOT type tanks and one tank was a 4000 gallon tank made of 1/2 inch plate weighing in at 17,000 pounds. Not one of the tanks even 'poofed' when we...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by jerems; 04-10-2010, 11:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

Working...
X