Collapse
33 results in 0.0085 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• treflip
    replied to no amp control... econotig..
    if anyone read this thread to find an answer to the econotig board prob. Here's the end to my efforts - Paid Innovat Corp 265+13ship to fix the board and send back. Works great but here's the kicker - they didn't replace a single danm component on the board. Every single solder was the same as I left...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• treflip
    -nhengineer
    I haven't heard of the switch you're talking about (changing the pot over for the foot control) but honestly I'm ready to get this thing out of the garage. I have an older econotwin(78?) that works great and doesn't use a board for controlling amperage(an old turn crank) and two...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• treflip
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    Ymbawi

- if this is your favorite thread on the internet
    - if you need a sweatshirt when you're in 78 degree ac because you're use to 140 degree tanks! (here in Fla)
    - if your boss asks you if you're done yet and you just tell him yes to get him off your back! AND if he...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• treflip
    3 years and going strong!

in the same sentence where to find a church or some crack cocaine ...... Lol true story .
    ^^
    That was funny stuff.

THe one about the asking the fire watch if somethings on fire and its you!

YMBAWI you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• treflip
    Sounded good so I googled. The tracker is for smaller current ratings (60v @ .6mA) and the cost is a little too high for now. The board has a few components that are over this rating (thyristor and the IGBT) and might need to operate over the trackers range, but I'm not 100%.

I've posted...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• treflip
    3 years later... really??

Haha, finally got some free time this christmas to relook at it. I came across this old thread! It seems like this is still a common problem so I'll resurrect it and hopefully have a good outcome in the end.

I did find a newer econotig on ebay...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• treflip
    Hockeyguynick- ...you keep the proper angle on your ketchup bottle to run a perfect bead on your hotdog (caught myself doing this the other day, dad thought i was nuts)

That one was awesome! How bout when caulking around the bathtub!

scott hightower- You know all the steps...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• treflip
    Not yet Ray, but $395 for a board keeps me plenty motivated!

I'm just about ready to list all the components and replace them one by one though. A lot of them are the same so it shouldn't take too long if I go that way. Either way I'll document everything and post it here to help anyone...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• treflip
    That's good to hear Buk!

I am still working on understanding the board components and diagnosing the hardware. It's fun and I got a little 20mhz oscilloscope from Craigslist to help.

If it were on my priority list I would be further along but seeing as a new board is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey Ch, I 'll get on it here shortly. I had a test last week and was busy.

Is there any way to post the pics directly so we don't have to open them up in new tabs?

Hey Yorkiepap on that pipe jig. You should put a little motor on it so you can turn it. You could weld it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I got a 4 foot 1\2" extension bar for when I took out my tranny. I got a dodge ram. I also made a little pully for the differential nut or bearing... it's been awhile.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

-Tre
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• treflip
    replied to butweld on 12ga, ss sheet
    NP. And post pics too... I'd like to see the results with pulse.

-Tre
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• treflip
    YmBaW- If when asked," What does Christamas, Thanksgiving, and 4th of July all have in common?" You instantly say Time and a-half!

"-If you can write your name using only a mirror!

"- if your burn marks are bigger than mine!

"-...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• "I learned a while back something that at every funeral the average number of people their are between 100-150, one person knows an average of say 150, so pass around a couple boxes of business cards, the work"

Didn't they make a movie with Vince Vaughn about that... I think...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• treflip
    replied to welding chair
    Sorry I don't have any pics. I used to weld in a fab shop and we had crappy chairs. We all talked to the man and he ok us to make a chair. We had a pallete full of chair parts. I made a chair that way better than my old one. Saved my butt for sure!

I gotta see what you make out of a truck...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X