Collapse
378 results in 0.1008 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• davinci2010
    replied to Humor Thread
    Sunday morning, middle of church service, The devil himself shows up. Demons running around and fire spewing all about him made quite a scare. All of the worshipers ran from the building screaming. Lucifer was quite proud of himself, but then noticed an old man sitting non plused in the front row. The...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• davinci2010
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    Don't forget about the 14" grinding wheels for those tungstens! L.O.L.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• davinci2010
    replied to Air or Electric
    I run both air and electric tools. I have to agree, each for their own application. You will find some tools you would rather have in pnuematic and some in electric. Having been an air compressor tech, I will warn you that the Cobalt will not last as long as say a Champion or a Quincy if it is run hard...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• davinci2010
    replied to Choosing a saw for my shop
    The cold saws you listed will hold an accurate cut better than a bandsaw, mostly due to the blade flex in a bandsaw. As already pointed out, big capacity in a cold saw is expensive and requires three phase power. If you need more flexibility in the size of stock you cut, a bandsaw would probably be...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by davinci2010; 10-02-2010, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• However you choose to get the exhaust out, make sure it is plenty clear of the eaves. Several people have gassed themselves with generators placed outside under the eaves. The carbon monoxide makes it's way back into the building through the eave vents. Mabye not a problem for your situation, but something...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• davinci2010
    replied to OT question about snakes
    Some people use plastic owl replicas. Can't say as to how well they work, but the theory is sound. Owls eat a lot of snakes as well as other small creatures. I would check for a chemical means to repel or remove them. I can't remember the last time I saw any " snake chemical " or where. The...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The end result is all that counts. Nice job Harv. I have a pretty complete arsenal of tools, but I still go the simpler way at times. On thin aluminum jobs I use a Bosch jigsaw with non ferrous blades and stick lube. Works better for me than anything else I've got.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• davinci2010
    replied to low budget rat rod project
    Post pics of the track, and your neighbor's faces!!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• davinci2010
    replied to Drilling Stainless
    If you have a lot of drilling to do, or a lot of money to burn, they make drills that flow the coolant through the bit and out of ports at the cutting edges. They lubricate and cool better than standard bits since they put the coolant where it's needed. You can't just slap them in any old drill press...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have 2 Evolution saws. The 14" Raptor, which is a chop saw style saw. I also have the 9" circular saw style saw. Both are great saws and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a drycut saw. I have not cut aluminum with them yet, as I work mostly in steel. They require different blades...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nice job! I have a love / hate relationship with the jobs where 1 project turns into 3 to get it done. Looks like it didn't slow you down much though.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• davinci2010
    replied to 305G on half ton
    JSFAB hit it on the head. I've had service trucks that ranged from 1/2 ton to a F-550. The more space you get, the more you will use. If I had to have fed that 550 out of my pocket, I would have ended up paying to work for the company. Be honest with yourself about how much you need to carry and how...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I did a small job with a Lincoln SA-250D once. I would not want to have to do it again. I am too spoiled to high freq. start and remote amperage control. Scratch start with no remote control will let you know just where your skills are though, Especially on thin stuff.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• davinci2010
    replied to fairbanks magneto problems
    Yes, I did a couple of times. That was a long time ago and I do not remember all of the details. I do believe that Lincoln has manuals online on their site for these models. If I remember correctly that is where I found the procedure to do this. There are other things that can go wrong with these to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'm not really a fan of reality shows at all. I did watch OCC and Monster Garage long enough to figure out what they were about, but that was it. Biker build off shows more real life tools and people who know how to use them, but even it has to have the kindergarden drama thrown in. I do have to hand...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X